|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 01:22 AM EST||
Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) today announced that it will launch a new CCD linear image sensor for bar code readers in September 2013.
New product TCD1256GAG (above) Current product (below) (Photo: Business Wire)
The new sensor, TCD1256GAG, shrinks package size to one-seventh that of Toshiba's current product, TCD1254GFG, and has an ultra-small package very close to the silicon sensor die size. It will minimize scan engine dimensions and expand the bar code reader application field.
TCD1256GAG emulates the basic performance and functions of Toshiba's current product, including the electronic shutter function that captures a stable video signal without saturation under ambient light conditions. On-chip sample and hold circuit makes simplifies analog signal processing and reduce layout area.
1. Ultra-small package (die-sized package achieved with TSV technology)
2. Electronic shutter function
3. On-chip sample and hold circuit
Barcode readers, scanner engines, POS systems, optical touch panels
|Pixel Size||5.25×64 [μm]|
|Pixel Number||2500 pixels|
|Power Supply||3.0V (MIN.)|
|Data Rate||2MHz (MAX.)|
|Function||Electronic shutter, Sample and hold circuit|
|Package Size||15.044(L)×1.014(H) [mm]|
|MP Schedule||September 2013|
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 550 consolidated companies, with 202,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.1 trillion yen (US$74 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London