|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 01:00 AM EST||
Cronto's visual transaction signing solution is deployed by Commerzbank AG, the second largest bank in Germany, as the next-generation protection for their online banking customers. Starting from February 2013, the CrontoSign solution is helping to keep online customers secure from most advanced attacks poised by Trojan malware specifically targeting online banking.
Commerzbank photoTAN App Image: Commerzbank AG
The CrontoSign solution is offered to the Commerzbank customers under the “photoTAN” brand taking over from “iTAN”, the previous generation security solution, where a unique number is used to authorise each banking operation. With photoTAN, the customers will be able to securely verify the payment with a mobile App or a standalone device before using a unique authorisation code (TAN) to sign the transaction.
Martin Zielke, Member of the Commerzbank Board of Managing Directors, responsible for Business Segment Private Customers, says: “photoTAN meets the highest demands for security in online and mobile banking.”
The photoTAN deployment was an important security project in the bank delivering innovative technology to 11 million retail banking customers and “underlines the strength of our technical innovation in the area of information technology” stated Frank Annuscheit, Member of the Commerzbank Board of Managing Directors and Chief Operating Officer.
Cronto and Commerzbank have been collaborating since 2008 to advance the CrontoSign solution to combine both the strong security of transaction signing and the simple user experience that meets the expectations of Commerzbank’s customers.
“We have worked closely with Commerzbank who helped to develop the CrontoSign visual transaction signing technology from innovative ideas to the product ready to serve the needs of millions of banking customers,” adds Igor Drokov, CEO, Cronto.
Commerzbank's customers will be able to choose between using the photoTAN mobile app or a photoTAN device both delivering a state-of-the-art optical transaction signing.
To experience the CrontoSign technology first-hand, please download the CrontoSign mobile app for your iOS or Android device and try it with the demo account at www.crontosign.com.
Cronto Limited is a leading provider of secure visual transaction authentication solutions for online banking, based upon CrontoSign Visual Signing Technology born out of leading edge engineering research undertaken at the University of Cambridge. For more information, visit www.cronto.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London