|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 07:01 PM EST||
ATLANTA, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Mir Imran, a renowned healthcare investor and entrepreneur, will speak at the SEMDA 2013 Conference prior to leading a panel discussion with a group of distinguished and diverse investors.
The seventh annual SEMDA Conference will be held on February 19-20, 2013, at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center. Information and registration is available at www.semda.net/conference. The Investor Panel will be on Wednesday, February 20th, beginning at 8:30 AM.
The participants on the panel represent a wide range of investment options, ranging from traditional VC to the new trend in crowd funding, and include:
- Opening Remarks - Mir Imran, Chairman and CEO, InCube Labs
- Moderator - Bob Crutchfield, Harbert Venture Partners
- Venture Capital - Mike Sherman, Partner, MB Venture Partners
- Private Equity - John Huntz, Executive Director, Arcapita
- Angel Investor - Dick Reeves, CEO, Angel Investor Management Group
- Crowd Funding - Jonathan Wilson, Taylor English Duma
Imran is the Chairman and CEO of InCube Labs, which he founded to focus on his passion: creating medical solutions that change the standard of care in key healthcare markets. After attending medical school, Mir began his career as a healthcare entrepreneur in the late 1970s and has founded more than 20 life sciences companies since those early days. Over the decades, he has become one of the leading inventors and entrepreneurs in the field.
Imran now holds more than 200 issued patents and is perhaps most well-known for his pioneering contributions to the first FDA-approved Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator. In addition to leading InCube Labs, he also runs a life sciences venture fund, InCube Ventures, and Modulus, a medical manufacturing company.
Other stellar speakers for the SEMDA 2013 Conference include:
- Jon Ellenthal, President, TEDMED
- Pat Mackin, SVP & President of the Cardiac Rhythm Disease Management Division, Medtronic Corporation
- Mark Leahey, President & CEO Medical Device Manufacturers Association (MDMA)
- Jeffrey Shuren, M.D., J.D., Director of the Center for Devices and Radiological Health
The Southeastern Medical Device Association (SEMDA) is a non-profit trade association that supports and promotes medical device companies in the Southeast. Created in 2004, the association provides a unique resource and networking opportunity for medical device companies, inventors, physicians, and investors interested in accelerating the growth of the medical device industry in the Southeast. Learn more at www.semda.net.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks