|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 04:19 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Super Bowl Sunday provided much more than victory or defeat for fans of the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers. Prior to kickoff, Jennifer Hudson stunned the world with a heartbreaking rendition of "America the Beautiful," accompanied by the surviving children of Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Eric Archibald, personal stylist to the Oscar winner, worked hard with Ms. Hudson to meet her high standard of fashion, but took great care not to overshadow the presence of the survivors.
Eric chose to highlight the emotional performance with simple black-and-white tones, dressing Ms. Hudson in a black leather top by Monika Chiang, a white pencil skirt by L'Wren Scott and decorating her feet with black pumps by Yves Saint Laurent. The outfit was carefully designed to bring subtle focus to the singer during her televised performance, while blending in and connecting her with the white and khaki outfits of the 26 elementary children with whom she shared the stage. "Jennifer wanted simple and classic," Eric says. "She herself has overcome great tragedy and it was all about paying respect to the moment."
Eric and Jennifer furnished the outfit with one bright touch: a green ribbon pinned to her top in honor of the 26 victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary shootings. In late 2008, Jennifer's mother, brother and nephew were fatally shot by William Balfour, the estranged husband of her sister Julia. The tragedy of Sandy Hook Elementary spoke closely to her own experience, and the singer later spoke about the honor and the emotional challenge of performing with children whom she regards as "inspirational."
"Little children being survivors like that... that is the part that took me back in," Hudson recalled. "They are conquerors, they are survivors. And they're babies."
Eric Archibald also recently dressed Ms. Hudson for her performance at the 2013 Inaugural Ball.
For more information, or to schedule an interview with Eric Archibald, contact Eileen Koch of Eileen Koch & Company INC., a full service PR, Marketing and Branding Firm at 310.441.1000 or email Eileen@eileenkoch.com. Visit www.eileenkoch.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?