|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2013 04:17 PM EST||
Mechanology Inc., an engineering company involved in developing and commercializing unique expander and compressor technologies with a particular focus on energy efficiency, renewable energy and the energy/power recovery markets has two revolutionary pieces of intellectual property to sell. The Toroidal Intersecting Vane Machine (TIVM) and the Oscillating Vane Machine (Dragonfly). These technologies include prototypes, test data, technical data, 3D models, drawings and assembly procedures, issued, pending, and provisional patents, project files, ECN records, test stands and equipment.
TIVM is a patented positive displacement oil-free expander with unmatched performance in low flow steam applications. Consisting of two moving parts that are self-synchronized, any need for gears or other drive mechanisms is eliminated, resulting in a cost effective solution for power recovery applications below 200kW.
- Mechanical Driver (compressor/pump)
- PRV Paralleling
- CoGen/Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
- Engine Bottoming Cycle
- High Efficiency in low flow applications
- Oil-free positive displacement expansion
- Two phase expansion
- Operates at 1,800-3,600 RPM, eliminating a gear box
- No valves
- Large turndown (9:1)
- PRV Paralleling
- Renewable Energy Generation
- Waste Heat Recovery
- Electrical/Power Generation
- Direct Mechanical Drive
Originally developed to meet the challenge of generating compressed air directly in the nacelle of large wind turbines, the scaled down Dragonfly is a highly efficient, low cost, positive displacement compressor. Capabilities include internal multi-staging, variable speed, pressure and capacity, and oil-free or oil lubricated operation. The technology offers substantial savings compared to existing technologies.
An oil-free Dragonfly prototype demonstrated greater than 30% improved performance over commercially available oil-free screw compressors. Indicators are that at 50 HP Dragonfly will be at least 40% more efficient than oil-free screw compressors and up to 15% more efficient than oil lubricated screw compressors generating equivalent air flows and pressures. Cost models indicate per-unit manufacturing costs on par with conventional oil lubricated screw technology and significantly lower than oil-free screw technology.
About Mechanology Inc.:
Mechanology Inc. is an engineering company involved in developing and commercializing highly innovative technologies for the commercial and industrial markets.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher