|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2013 03:20 PM EST||
Donald T. DeCarlo, Chairman of the American Society of Workers Comp Professionals has announced the recipients of the 2013 Don DeCarlo “Legends” Award.
According to DeCarlo, “AMCOMP recognizes that there are industry professionals who have gained extensive knowledge through life experience. These individuals have shown a commitment to the workers compensation system through contributions of time and effort and by fostering the efficiency of the system outside his or her workplace. These individuals have headed committees, and work groups and have contributed to the development of some aspects of the workers compensation environment. They have exhibited strong qualifications in three main areas: experience, leadership and commitment and have made a unique contribution to the field.”
The 2013 Recipients who will receive the “Legends” Award are: Vincent Armentano, Esq., Senior Vice President, Business Insurance Claim, Travelers Insurance Company; Mark W. Hamberger, Esq., Managing Partner, Hamberger & Weiss and Dennis Mealy, WCP, Chief Actuary, NCCI Holdings, Inc. A special award in recognition of his years of service and support to AMCOMP, WCIO and the Minnesota Workers Compensation Insurance Association (MWCIA) will be given to Bruce Tollefson, President of the MWCIA.
Mr. DeCarlo notes that “the Don DeCarlo “Legends” Award was established to recognize these individuals as Honorary WCP’s (Workers Compensation Professionals) for their life-long outstanding achievements. We are proud to salute these honorees who have made such contributions to the Workers Comp arena.”
For those interested in saluting our honorees, AMCOMP’s “Legends” Awards luncheon will be held on Thursday, March 21, 2013, during the AMCOMP Annual Conference being held at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, NV on March 21-22, 2013. For additional information, contact Maria Sclafani at (718) 892-0228 or visit the website at www.amcomppro.com.
Celebrating its 15th Anniversary, AMCOMP is a not-for-profit Corporation dedicated to professional excellence in the field of workers compensation and was established due to the lack of a professional society that recognized or certified the highly specialized field of workers compensation. For additional information on the WCP educational program, AMCOMP membership, or to register to attend AMCOMP’s Annual Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada (March 21-22, 2013) please contact Maria Sclafani, Executive Director at (718) 892-0228 or visit the AMCOMP website at: www.amcomppro.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London