|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 12:41 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- The ROCKY DT6 rugged tablet, a powerful new mobile solution, has been announced by AMREL, the leader in rugged computing. Designed to match the needs of military and enterprise applications, the DT6 is:
- Rugged - Its magnesium casing means it won't break when you need it the most.
- Light and portable - Perfect for field work.
- Built for massive manual data input - The built-in keyboard lets you file reports no matter where you are.
- Atom powered - This special processor allows you to run full Windows/Linux OS.
"AMREL does a lot of customization for system integrators," explains Ron McMahan, AMREL's VP, Engineering Solutions. "Its multiple configurable I/O ports provide a lot of connectivity choices."
Some connectivity options include USB 2.0, Serial Port DB9, GB LAN port, and many more. A docking solution allows for easy I/O expansion, which includes RGB as well SD and SIM card slots. Options include WLAN, WWAN, GPS, and AF 2.0 camera.
The DT6 uses the Intel® Atom Processor, which is specifically built for mobile applications. More powerful than typical PDA processors, it consumes very little energy. Consequently, the lightweight DT6 can run the same OS and applications as a laptop, but with significantly longer battery life. This eliminates the need to modify standard programming for mobile devices.
Since it is an AMREL product, it's built for durability. AMREL has been fielding rugged computers for over 20 years. As with any platform, our computers can be purchased as COTS or modified COTS to meet your specific requirements and application.
The ROCKY DT6 is ideal for applications that demand portability, capability and ruggedness, including:
- Oil & Gas
- Inventory control
- Warehouse operations
- Meter reading
- Port Container Control
- Homeland Security & Law Enforcement
- Geological & Scientific Field Research
Learn more about the ROCKY DT6 at computers.amrel.com/dt6
ABOUT AMREL Computer Division
AMREL's Computer Division designs and manufactures small-footprint, highly integrated, rugged mobile computing solutions for OCUs, handheld biometrics, communication, data acquisition and handheld Atom-based applications. Our modular single solution approach minimizes peripheral devices, the total cost, and space/weight requirements. We customize, design, prototype, and deliver your solution faster than any competitor. Visit http://computers.amrel.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher