|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 11:01 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Atlantis Computing, the award-winning leader in data center storage optimization solutions, today announced that Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI has been selected as one of eleven 2012 Product of the Year finalists in the Enterprise Storage System Software category by Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com: http://searchvirtualstorage.techtarget.com/feature/Storage-system-software-2012-Products-of-the-Year-finalists.
The Enterprise Storage System Software category covers file systems, volume management, storage virtualization software, security software, storage optimization applications and data reduction. The editors selected the finalists based on their innovation, performance, ease of manageability, functionality and value.
This is the latest in the series of accolades for Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI. In the last six months:
- Atlantis Computing won the "Best of VMworld 2012" award for Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI in the desktop virtualization category at VMworld 2012 U.S.
- Colt Technology Services won the "Best of VMworld 2012" Europe award for its Agilisys Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) project deployed with Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI.
- Atlantis Computing won the "Citrix Ready® Best of Synergy" award in the desktop category at Citrix Synergy 2012.
This marks the first time that a product has won both "Best of VMworld" awards and the "Best of Citrix Synergy" award and been named a "Storage Product of the Year" finalist.
"We are honored for Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI to be named a Product of the Year finalist," said Bernard Harguindeguy, president and CEO of Atlantis Computing. "All the recent awards are the result of our close working collaboration with our enterprise and government customers to solve real-world deployment problems in virtualized data centers."
Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI is the only solution in the industry to enable stateless Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) deployments without the need for virtual desktop storage -- which traditionally represents 40% to 60% of the total cost of a VDI deployment. Atlantis ILIO uses local server RAM as the only storage for virtual desktops, eliminating storage traffic and significantly simplifying deployment architectures. SSDs, SSD arrays and traditional SAS and SATA drives based storage are completely eliminated, greatly reducing CAPEX as well as all storage-related OPEX including power, cooling and the cost of maintaining and repairing failed devices.
Atlantis ILIO automates all deployment phases including the storage sizing which traditionally represents one of the biggest deployment risks -- without storage sizing, deploying stateless desktops has never been so simple. Atlantis ILIO also automates its installation, configuration and data store creation for all virtual desktops -- multiple racks of servers can be deployed in hours. Traditional tools from Citrix and VMware can be used to finalize provisioning.
About Atlantis Computing
Atlantis Computing, winner of "Best of VMworld" and "Best of Citrix Synergy" awards, addresses the challenges of storage-intensive virtualized and cloud applications: performance, cost and the ability to scale-out on demand. Atlantis ILIO complements existing virtualization solutions from Citrix, Microsoft and VMware and enables the most efficient use of data center storage by any virtual machine, fully automates deployments and lowers implementation risks. Atlantis Computing is privately held and funded by Cisco Systems, El Dorado Ventures and Partech International with headquarters in Mountain View, California and offices in Europe. For more information, visit: www.atlantiscomputing.com.
Atlantis Computing, Atlantis ILIO and Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI are trademarks of Atlantis Computing, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Media and Analyst Contact:
Follow Atlantis Computing on Twitter: @AtlantisILIO
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher