|By Greg O'Connor||
|February 5, 2013 10:45 AM EST||
The fastest and most flexible way to move server applications from the datacenter to the cloud, AppZero took a market-setting step forward on Tuesday with the release of "up-level OS migration" now available in V5.2. This technology allows users to effortlessly move server applications from old operating systems to new ones.
Organizations are faced with the requirement to migrate applications from Windows Server 2003 to Windows 2008(R2) or even Windows 2012 when adopting a private, managed or public cloud. AppZero's tool extracts Windows server applications from production environments and packages them for movement to any datacenter or cloud, without re-engineering, change, or lock-in, fast.
451 Group Vice President, Research - Infrastructure Management, Rachel Chalmers said, "There are powerful upsides to AppZero. It's fast - migration takes minutes rather than hours -and it's great for migrating from datacenter to cloud or from cloud to cloud. One of the challenges in any such migration is having to modernize the operating system. AppZero's new up-level OS capability should help companies meet that challenge."
Requiring no AppZero software on the source/production machine, AppZero resides only on the target server, which can be located anywhere - including on the cloud environment where the application is being migrated. AppZero automation eliminates the majority of manual labor, time, costs, and error typically involved in on-boarding complex enterprise applications.
"We were able to migrate a custom, legacy Microsoft application from the Pabst Blue Ribbon datacenter to the Rackspace cloud, in under an hour with AppZero," said David J. McCluskey, President of Cloud-Migrators (cloud-migrators.com). "It would have taken 1 to 2 weeks without AppZero -- the time savings were very significant. Preserving that precious time is paramount when it comes to migrating company workforce applications."
Commenting on the new release, AppZero CEO Greg O'Connor said, "Our new tool makes it even easier to reap the benefits of cloud computing, including lower TCO, greater IT and business flexibility, and scalability. With Windows Server 2003 end of life approaching, companies will be faced with moving large numbers of enterprise applications. We provide a cost effective and time saving method to accomplish the task."
AppZero will be demonstrating the "up-level OS migration" capabilities of V5.2 in a webinar on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 1:00pm (ET). You can register here.
AppZero is the fastest and most flexible way to migrate server applications to and across any cloud or datacenter, without re-engineering, re-installation or lock-in. Encapsulating Windows applications in VM/OS-free packages, AppZero's patented software makes complex server applications moveable with ease. For more information, visit www.appzero.com and follow us on twitter @AppZero-Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London