|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2013 09:11 AM EST||
Netronome, the leading developer of network flow processors, today will discuss new processor requirements and system design implications driven by software defined networking (SDN) at the Linley Tech Data Center Conference 2013 taking place February 5 - 6 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Santa Clara, California.
Niel Viljoen, chief development officer and founder of Netronome will present, "The SDN On-Ramp,” on February 5 at 10:20 a.m. An entrepreneur and veteran of the network communications industry, Viljoen will discuss how SDN is revolutionizing the way networks are designed and the growing importance of flow-aware intelligence at the SDN edge.
“Data center networking is undergoing a vast transformation in order meet the cost, manageability, and performance demands of today’s data-intensive applications," said Viljoen. “This change is driving a new network architecture which enables low cost silicon to form a simple, high capacity data center fabric while flow processors service the intelligent networking applications located at the edge of the SDN.”
“Given the latest advancements in data center and carrier networks, we are excited to watch industry experts share their diverse perspectives on SDN, virtualization and network convergence,” said Jag Bolaria, senior analyst at the Linley Group. “We look forward to hearing Niel discuss the future of intelligent networking, and the newest practices for data center SDN deployments.”
Powered by 96 packet processing cores and 120 multi‐threaded flow processing cores and over 100 hardware accelerators operating at up to 1.2 GHz, Netronome’s NFP‐6xxx brings breakthrough performance to a broad range of network, security and content processing applications used in 10-400 Gbps networks designs. The NFP‐6xxx delivers 200 Gbps of packet processing with deep packet inspection, network and security processing, and I/O virtualization for millions of simultaneous flows and is an Intel 22nm 3D Tri-gate design.
The two-day conference focuses on processors, components and interconnects for data center networking and servers. For more information about the Linley Tech Data Center Conference 2013 visit: http://www.linleygroup.com/data-center-conference
Follow Netronome for the latest news and information at:
Netronome is a fabless semiconductor company and leader in flow processing. Netronome’s solutions include flow processing silicon, software, tools and acceleration platforms that scale from 1 to 400 Gbps. They are used by networking equipment OEMs worldwide in carrier-grade and enterprise-class communications products that require deep packet inspection, flow analysis, content processing, virtualization and security. Netronome’s processors are supported by comprehensive tools and a broad ecosystem of premier partners. Netronome’s products are developed in labs in Santa Clara, CA, Boxborough, MA and Pittsburgh, PA. To learn more about Netronome and its products, please visit www.netronome.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London