|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
CAMPBELL, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Eversync, the leader in data protection solutions for the mid-market, today announced the release of its Eversync Virtual Backup Software. With this announcement, mid-market customers can protect their data using software that runs as a VMware virtual appliance and backs up physical servers, virtual servers, and applications. System administrators in growing virtual environments no longer need a separate virtual-only data protection solution as they can now protect all their physical, virtual, and application servers with one software product.
Eversync Virtual Backup Software is available now as part of Eversync OS Release 5.1, a full-featured enterprise class solution, including replication, deduplication, archiving, and instant restores.
Jerome M. Wendt, president and lead analyst at DCIG, remarked, "Eversync has put a real emphasis on designing their products for the virtual environment, and this virtual backup software product is the result of that effort. In our evaluations of virtual backup software appliances, we have found Eversync to be a better solution than many name-brand products."
The Eversync Virtual Backup Software product is the first data protection solution to be available as a subscription-based service. With a subscription price starting at less than $200 per month, customers can get the benefits of flexible, usage-based pricing for backup and replication now, as they prepare for future cloud deployments. Eversync Virtual Backup Software is available in four packages, based on raw storage capacity for data protection:
- Basic Edition for $190/month -- up to 2 TB for effective storage of up to 20 TB of data
- Mid-Range Edition for $240/month -- up to 3 TB for effective storage of up to 30 TB of data
- Enterprise Edition for $420/month -- up to 5 TB for effective storage of up to 50 TB of data
- Enterprise Plus Edition for $800/month -- up to 10 TB for effective storage of up 100 TB of data
There are no separate per-server, per-socket, or per-user fees.
"Today's launch of Eversync Virtual Backup Software marks the next big step in Eversync's transformation to a services business," said Victor Perez, CEO, Eversync. "This radical new pricing model is our response to our customers' need for a stepping stone approach to eventual transition to cloud services. Customers can move up from one package to another as their storage needs grow, and eventually move to a hybrid cloud solution where data is automatically tiered between on-premise backups and the cloud."
The Eversync family of appliances and the new Eversync Virtual Backup Software offer a seamless user experience with a common user interface and management. The appliances and Virtual Backup Software products can be used together in replication configurations and managed with a single interface.
"As we move our datacenter to 100% virtualization, we are excited that Eversync is moving with us," said Kevin Robbins, IT Administrator, Edgewave, who was one of the beta testers of Eversync's Virtual Backup Software. "Eversync's Virtual Backup Software allows us to use multiple sites for replication without installing backup appliances at every location."
"Mid-market customers want solutions that meet their backup and disaster recovery needs now, and help them on their path to service and cloud based solutions in the future," said Deni Conor of SSG Now. "Eversync's exciting new pricing model and their cloud strategy will give customers just that."
The Eversync solution includes enterprise features at a mid-market price, including replication, deduplication, and virtualization.
- Replication - With disaster recovery options that include site-to-site replication, remote office replication, and site-to-cloud replication, the Eversync data protection solution is an enterprise-class solution.
- Deduplication - Eversync's SSD enhanced deduplication results in storage capacity reduction of over 10 times, without sacrificing performance or CPU cycles.
- VMware integration - Eversync provides agentless backup of virtual servers through its integration with VMware, including best-in-class features like VM discovery and tracking, change block tracking, browse and click instant restores of virtual machines, and object level restores for Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server running inside of virtual machines.
- Mobile applications - Eversync's software can be managed and monitored anytime, anywhere with the Eversync Mobile App, available for all major mobile devices.
Eversync gives peace of mind to its customers by protecting their data. The company's products combine enterprise-level disaster recovery, compliance and backup capabilities in a simple and affordable package that is purpose-built for mid-sized organizations. Eversync sells its products to a growing list of customers through an exclusive network of channel partners who are focused on mid-sized enterprises and virtualization. For more information, see www.eversyncsolutions.com.
Chief Marketing Officer
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks