|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 08:45 AM EST||
CHANTILLY, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- AMERICAN SYSTEMS, a leading provider of federal IT and engineering solutions, today announced the appointment of Joe Kopfman as executive vice president, Contracts and Administration/Chief Compliance Officer. In this role, Mr. Kopfman will lead the company's Ethics and Mergers and Acquisitions programs and continue to oversee all contract and administration functions.
"The culture of AMERICAN SYSTEMS is centered on ethics, and we have always placed enormous emphasis in this area," said William C. Hoover, president and CEO, AMERICAN SYSTEMS. "I appointed Joe to the newly-created position of EVP/Chief Compliance Officer in order to elevate this core value even more with our internal and external stakeholders. I am pleased to have someone with Joe's reputation and expertise lead us proactively as the company continues to grow."
"Our Mergers and Acquisitions program has always benefitted from Joe's industry experience as well," noted Hoover. "His leadership and guidance before, during, and after our most recent acquisition made it one of the smoothest transactions I have ever experienced." AMERICAN SYSTEMS recently completed the acquisition of the Test & Evaluation business from SAIC (November 2012).
Mr. Kopfman joined AMERICAN SYSTEMS in 1978 and has held a variety of positions with increasing responsibility, both on the delivery side as well as the business office side of the company. In 1999, he was appointed to the company's Ethics Committee, and in 2006, assumed the Chairman's role on the Committee, a position he continues to hold today.
Mr. Kopfman earned a B.S. degree in Accounting from Radford University. He is a member of the Executive Advisory Council of the National Contracts Management Association and is active in the Professional Services Council.
Mr. Kopfman is based out of AMERICAN SYSTEMS' Headquarters in Chantilly, Va.
About AMERICAN SYSTEMS
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States, with approximately 1,500 employees nationwide. Based in the Washington, D.C., suburb of Chantilly, Va., the company provides test & evaluation, systems engineering, technical and managed services to government customers. For more information, visit: www.AmericanSystems.com.
Director, Corporate Communications
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks