|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2013 07:45 AM EST||
VVL Systems & Consulting is a premier consulting company that primarily serves the U.S. intelligence community. The company focuses on delivering agile data centers by leveraging cloud computing, automation and orchestration.
With roughly 25 percent of the U.S. Government’s IT budget committed to cloud computing migration,1 the company needed a powerful cloud management solution to meet its clients’ rapidly evolving needs.
VVL Systems selected the BMC Cloud Management solution from BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) because it enabled the company to meet client requirements that would otherwise have been extremely difficult, or even impossible. Equally important, it dramatically sped up time-to-value for clients.
“The BMC Cloud Management solution allows us to adhere very closely to our customers’ requirements,” said Vinnie Lima, managing director at VVL Systems. “In the past, we were limited by the available technology – today we are not.”
Lima added, “BMC allows us to meet these requirements much more effectively than other cloud management offerings. BMC Cloud Management solution not only delivers a greater operational capability, but also allows us to focus more on meeting the customers’ requirements versus worrying about the limits of technology.”
The company needed to quickly and efficiently implement cloud solutions that met clients’ needs as well as strict Defense Information System Agency (DISA) accreditation requirements. This goal required a high degree of process automation, particularly in relation to DISA compliance.
The company chose the BMC Cloud Management solution, which not only sped solution delivery but automated the implementation of many key requirements on the accreditation check list. VVL Systems offers, in conjunction with cloud implementations, access to BMC Education Services, to ensure users and administrators of the cloud are ready to take full advantage of the new platform.
By implementing the BMC Cloud Management solution, VVL Systems has experienced a number of benefits, including:
- Faster time-to-value
- Faster provisioning of compute resources for clients, from roughly six weeks to under one hour
- Capacity-aware service placement, for higher service quality
- Accelerated approval processes for clients
- Enhanced ability to efficiently meet complex government accreditation requirements
For more information on the VVL Systems’ implementation and the BMC Cloud Management solution, please:
- Watch the BMC Cloud Management demo and BMC Cloud Operations Management demo
- Access the BMC Cloud Computing community
- Visit the On the Mark blog
- Follow @BMCCloud on Twitter
- Become a fan of BMC on Facebook
Business runs on IT. IT runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. Tens of thousands of IT organizations around the world -- from small and mid-market businesses to the Global 100 -- rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives with the broadest choice of IT management solutions, including industry-leading Business Service Management and Cloud Management offerings. For the four fiscal quarters ended December 31, 2012, BMC revenue was approximately $2.2 billion. www.bmc.com
BMC, BMC Software, and the BMC Software logo are the exclusive properties of BMC Software, Inc., are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other BMC trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © Copyright 2013 BMC Software, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?