|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 07:45 AM EST||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced new Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions that speed application delivery and provide unparalleled visibility, collaboration and agility across often siloed or geographically dispersed application development and operations teams.
- HP Agile Manager accelerates application time to market with an intuitive, web-based experience that offers visibility for planning, executing and tracking Agile development projects.
- HP Performance Anywhere proactively resolves application performance issues before they impact business services through a simple-to-use, on-demand solution that provides visibility and predictive analytics.
Empowering Agile teams in the enterprise
HP Agile Manager unifies and promotes collaboration with visibility into tasks, metrics and progress -- whether for a single group or for multiple, geographically distributed teams across the enterprise. HP Agile Manager enables clients to:
- Simplify planning and capacity management across Agile teams by providing insight into projects, including the status of tasks and potential issues or bottlenecks impacting progress.
- Enhance insight into application quality with advanced source-code and build-management analytics for comprehensive traceability, rapid assessment of change and risk analysis.
- Foster collaboration through integrated development environment (IDE) integrations that allow developers to work with the tool of their choice, yet still work together to share information with other team members.
- Improve visibility into projects with real-time updates via customizable dashboards, which include metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs).
"As Specsavers' business rapidly expands to provide new services for our customers, we must maintain a positive brand image and strong operational excellence," said Jason Taylor, head, Delivery, Specsavers. "HP Agile Manager, together with HP ALM, provides increased visibility across application development and testing for better collaboration and risk control."
360-degree view of application performance improves agility
HP Performance Anywhere monitors applications across the web, via the cloud and in mobile environments. Now delivered as a service, it improves application performance while reducing up-front costs and lengthy implementations so clients can:
- Achieve faster time to value with automated, self-provisioned management and a simple-to-use interface.
- Improve brand equity with smart analytics that understand historic norms and detect abnormal performance to proactively identify potential problems.
- Rapidly resolve performance issues using an embedded social collaboration technology that allows development, testing and operations teams to work together and remediate application failures that may have resulted in production.
HP Performance Anywhere integrates easily with HP Agile Manager and HP Quality Center to further promote collaboration across development, test and operations teams to better align IT with business priorities. Both HP Agile Manager and HP Performance Anywhere are part of the HP Converged Cloud strategy.
"Providing patients with on-demand access to important healthcare information is fundamental to delivering quality member services," said Jason Siegrist, manager, Enterprise Management Team, Sentara. "With the predictive analytics of HP Performance Anywhere, we can proactively monitor the health of our web-based applications to ensure that our patients can always access their personal medical information via our website, or have the ability to find a doctor and make virtual appointments 24/7."
"Enterprise agility results from the ability to quickly deploy simple-to-use, on-demand tools that provide visibility and collaboration across the application life cycle," said Subbu Iyer, vice president, Product and Strategy, Software, HP. "Together, HP Agile Manager and HP Performance Anywhere provide intuitive, collaborative and analytical capabilities needed to enable development and operation teams to deliver business-driven results."
Pricing and availability(1)
HP Agile Manager is available worldwide now. Pricing is by subscription starting at $39 per user, per month with a three-month term. Additional information and a 30-day free trial are available at www.hp.com/go/agilemanager.
HP Performance Anywhere is expected to be available soon. Pricing, by subscription, is expected to start at $39 per application transaction monitored per month, and $199 per server and virtual machine for Application Server monitored. Information on how to participate in the HP Performance Anywhere beta program is available at www.hp.com/go/performanceanywhere.
- Join HP Software on Google Plus for more information and to sign up for upcoming hangouts featuring product demos, best practices and more.
- Watch the HP webinars: "HP Agile Manager unveiled!" (March 12 at 1 p.m. ET) and "Next-generation application performance management as-a-service has arrived!" (March 19 at 1 p.m. ET).
- Read the white papers: "Finding Agility in the Age of Applications" and "The Case for Application Performance Management- as-a-Service."
- Learn more at the Application Lifecycle Management and Application Transformation Blog and the Business Service Management Blog.
- Join HP Software on Facebook and Twitter, HP Software ALM on Twitter and HP IT Ops on Twitter.
HP's premier Americas client event, HP Discover, takes place June 10-12 in Las Vegas.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher