|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 05:01 AM EST||
RICHMOND, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Board-certified Richmond plastic surgeon Dr. Neil Zemmel seeks to provide his patients with safe, effective procedures that yield natural-looking results and boost self-confidence. At Richmond Aesthetic Surgery, Dr. Zemmel specializes in body contouring procedures including tummy tuck surgery and liposuction. He divides these procedures into two different categories with distinctly different goals in mind. However, patients also have the option of combining the two treatments if needed.
According to Dr. Zemmel, liposuction is the preferred treatment for patients experiencing isolated pockets of fatty tissue that are resistant to diet and exercise. As a sculpting operation that treats fatty tissue beneath the surface of the skin, liposuction can be used to treat several areas of the body including:
- Abdominal wall
- Inner and outer thighs
Tummy tuck procedures, on the other hand, are utilized to remove skin from the anterior abdominal wall while simultaneously tightening up the underlying musculature. Dr. Zemmel considers tummy tuck treatments ideal for patients who:
- Carry excess loose skin
- Have stretch marks across the front of the abdomen
- Possess significant muscle laxity
Dr. Zemmel says many patients opt to use liposuction in conjunction with a tummy tuck in order to refine an otherwise standard tummy tuck procedure.
Dr. Zemmel also highlights cases in which a patient might possess circumferential laxity - laxity on the front of the abdominal wall as well as on the back of the trunk. For these Richmond plastic surgery patients, a circumferential body lift can be offered. This procedure is intended for patients who have lost a significant amount of weight or have undergone gastric bypass surgery and require a body contouring procedure to accommodate the dramatic change.
About Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Dr. Neil Zemmel is a graduate of the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg and continued his work toward his medical degree at the University of Virginia School of Medicine and the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center. He participates annually in medical missions to Guatemala with the Operation Kids surgical mission group and performs cleft lip, cleft palate, and burn reconstructions to those in need. Dr. Zemmel is currently the Director of Plastic Surgery Services at St. Francis Hospital and serves as a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is available for interview upon request.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2219658
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks