|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 04:06 AM EST||
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 --
* Ericsson and XL Indonesia have partnered in a first M2M deal in South East Asia. Ericsson will provide M2M connectivity delivered as a service, and this will give XL great flexibility in developing innovative M2M products for enterprises.
* Ericsson will utilize its Device Connection Platform (DCP) to deploy, manage, and monetize millions of M2M and consumer electronics devices.
* PT XL Axiata Tbk, or XL, currently offers six different types of M2M services, with more than 125,000 subscribers.
Ericsson's (NASDAQ: ERIC) DCP is delivered as a service and will provide XL with a high level of flexibility as it develops M2M products for enterprises. The solution furnishes XL and its customers with everything needed to deploy, manage, and monetize millions of M2M and consumer electronics devices.
The DCP platform offers XL the opportunity to increase revenue and decrease operational costs, as well as shorten time to market. With an M2M platform, XL's enterprise customers gain the ability to monitor devices anytime and anywhere, access information quickly and accurately, and integrate easily into existing systems. XL's current M2M offerings include smart metering and point of sales solutions, fleet management, logistics and delivery, personal tracking and mobile surveillance.
In addition, Ericsson will utilize its local and global expertise to accelerate XL's M2M go-to-market plans, while the ecosystem created by DCP will allow for mutually beneficial business growth for both XL and its related companies.
Dian Siswarini, XL Director of Technology, Content and Digital Services, says: "We partner with a number of companies that are experts in creating M2M applications that provide relevant and affordable services to the community. Ericsson Device Connection Platform (DCP) will enable XL to provide flexibility in offering end-to-end M2M products and services to our enterprise customers."
Sam Saba, President Director of Ericsson Indonesia, says: "We are pleased to be chosen as XL's M2M partner in Indonesia. We will support XL's strategy to grow its M2M market and to be a leading operator in M2M services in Indonesia. This strategic partnership is in line with Ericsson's vision that there will be 50 billion connected devices around the world - mainly through M2M - by 2020.
"Enterprises have to address multiple challenges to launch their connected devices, and they often need to acquire expensive expertise beyond their business focus. For example, they need to build or integrate Business Support Systems with mobile operators' networks in order to manage and support their day-to-day operations. Partnering with Ericsson effectively removes those barriers to entry, so that an M2M business can scale exponentially."
NOTES TO EDITORS
About the Ericsson DCP
Ericsson Device Connection Platform is a managed (provided as a service) connectivity platform for mobile operators and MVNOs for wholesale of M2M connectivity towards enterprises. It enables operators to address new revenue streams from a vast variety of devices while simplifying the process and reducing the cost of connecting them in order to benefit from economies of scale. The platform provides access to key functionalities including, for example, subscription management, device management and operator and enterprise self-service portals.
Download high-resolution photos and broadcast-quality video at www.ericsson.com/press
Ericsson is the world's leading provider of communications technology and services. We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainable societies around the world.
Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks and we support customers' networks servicing more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
We operate in 180 countries and employ more than 100,000 people. Founded in 1876, Ericsson is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. In 2011 the company's net sales were SEK 226.9 billion (USD 35.0 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm and NASDAQ, New York stock exchanges.
Indonesia's XL to strengthen M2M business with Ericsson: http://hugin.info/1061/R/1675419/545767.pdf
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson Reuters clients. The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Ericsson via Thomson Reuters ONE
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Ericsson Corporate Public & Media Relations
Phone: +46 10 719 69 92
E-mail: Email Contact
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks