|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2013 04:00 AM EST||
Efficient Power Conversion Corporation (EPC) today announced the availability of the EPC9004 development board, featuring EPC’s enhancement-mode gallium nitride (eGaN) field effect transistors (FETs). This board demonstrates how recently introduced IC gate drivers, optimized for GaN FETs, make the task of transitioning from silicon power transistors to higher performance eGaN FETs simple and cost effective.
The EPC9004 development board is a 200 V peak voltage, 2 A maximum output current, half bridge featuring the EPC2012 eGaN FET. The EPC2012 is used in combination with the UCC27611 high-speed gate driver from Texas Instruments, thus reducing time and complexity for designing high frequency, high performance power systems.
The EPC9004 simplifies the evaluation process of high performance eGaN FETs by including all the critical components, including a dedicated gate driver, on a single 2” x 1.5” board that can be easily connected into any existing converter. In addition, there are various probe points on the board to facilitate simple waveform measurement and efficiency calculation. A Quick Start Guide is included for reference and ease of use.
The 200 V EPC2012 eGaN FET is ideal for use in applications such as wireless charging, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and low RF frequency applications such as smart meter communications.
The EPC9004 development board is priced at $95.00. Like all EPC products, it is available for immediate delivery from Digi-Key at http://digikey.com/Suppliers/us/Efficient-Power-Conversion.page?lang=en
Design Information and Support for eGaN FETs:
- EPC9004 Quick Start Guide: http://epc-co.com/epc/documents/guides/EPC9004_qsg.pdf
- Download EPC2012 and all EPC eGaN datasheets at http://epc-co.com/epc/Products.aspx
- Development boards and other design support available at http://epc-co.com/epc/ToolsandDesignSupport/DemoBoards.aspx
- View eGaN applications support materials at http://epc-co.com/epc/DesignSupportbr/Applications/DesignBasics.aspx
EPC is the leader in enhancement mode gallium nitride based power management devices. EPC was the first to introduce enhancement-mode gallium-nitride-on-silicon (eGaN) FETs as power MOSFET replacements in applications such as servers, wireless power transmission, envelope tracking, RF transmission, power-over-ethernet (PoE), solar micro inverters, energy efficient lighting, and class-D audio amplifiers with device performance many times greater than the best silicon power MOSFETs. Visit our web site: www.epc-co.com.
Sign-up to receive EPC updates via email: http://bit.ly/EPCupdates
or text "EPC" to 22828
Follow EPC on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/EPC_CORP
Like EPC on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/EPC.Corporation
eGaN is a registered trademark of Efficient Power Conversion Corporation, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher