|By Business Wire||
|February 4, 2013 04:30 PM EST||
Rambus Inc. (NASDAQ: RMBS), the innovative technology solutions company that brings invention to market, today announced the appointment of Jae Kim to senior vice president and general counsel. Mr. Kim will report directly to president and chief executive officer, Dr. Ronald Black. Mr. Kim succeeds Thomas Lavelle, who has decided to leave the company to pursue other opportunities.
“As we look to the future, we are excited to leverage Jae’s entrepreneurial spirit and deep expertise in transactions to expand our business,” said Dr. Black. “We are very appreciative of the accomplishments Tom has made and we thank him for his contributions and unwavering leadership.”
Mr. Kim joined Rambus in July 2010, serving as vice president and corporate counsel, responsible for a broad range of corporate legal matters. Prior to his tenure at Rambus, Mr. Kim held senior legal positions with both private and public companies, where his scope of responsibilities included compliance, intellectual property, commercial transactions and litigation. Mr. Kim has also had significant experience in private practice with the law firm of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Mr. Kim began his legal career as an attorney with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Division of Corporation Finance, in Washington, DC. He received a JD from the American University, Washington College of Law, and his bachelor’s degree from Boston University.
About Rambus Inc.
Rambus is the innovative technology solutions company that brings invention to market. Unleashing the intellectual power of our world-class engineers and scientists in a collaborative and synergistic way, Rambus invents, licenses and develops solutions that challenge and enable our customers to create the future. While best known for creating unsurpassed semiconductor memory architectures, Rambus is also developing world-changing products and services in security, advanced LED lighting and displays, and immersive mobile media.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks