|By Maureen O'Gara||
|February 5, 2013 07:45 AM EST||
Piston Cloud Computing, the OpenStack disciple, has gotten an $8 million B round to accelerate OpenStack adoption from Cisco, Data Collective, Divergent Ventures, Hummer Winblad, Swisscom Ventures and True Ventures.
The money will be used for product development.
Cisco, Data Collective and Swisscom Ventures are new investors.
Piston got a $4.5 million A round in July of 2011 and launched the first commercial OpenStack distribution for building, scaling and managing a private Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud on bare-metal, converged commodity hardware.
The widgetry also integrates with the open source Cloud Foundry Platform-as-a-Service.
Piston introduced the first commercially available Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution built on OpenStack by way of an exclusive licensing agreement with Gridcentric, the virtualization optimization company.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks