|By Marketwired .||
|February 4, 2013 11:09 AM EST||
NEWPORT BEACH, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/04/13 -- The KBS Real Estate Investment Trust II, Inc. (KBS REIT II) Board of Directors has authorized a special distribution of 5.4 cents(1) per share of common stock to stockholders of record as of the close of business today -- Monday, February 4, 2013.
The distribution, scheduled to be paid on Friday, February 15, 2013, will be the thirteenth distribution payment related to operations from the 2012 calendar year. The amount is based on one-twelfth of the same annualized rate of 6.5% on the $10 purchase price that was paid out monthly throughout last year.
This distribution is possible due to excess modified funds from operations (MFFO)(2) generated by the REIT for the 2012 calendar year above the amount of previously declared distributions.
"KBS REIT II continues to generate positive performance and create value for stockholders," said Charles Schreiber, Jr., CEO, KBS REIT II. "I believe the portfolio remains well positioned and we continue to strive to identify additional opportunities for improvement in cash flow and values."
KBS REIT II is a public non-traded Real Estate Investment Trust that closed its initial public offering on December 31, 2010. KBS REIT II uses a "hybrid" real estate investment strategy by acting as both an owner of real property and as a lender. KBS REIT II has acquired a diversified blend of Class A office and industrial properties in major metropolitan markets, as well as real estate-related loans.
KBS Capital Advisors is an affiliate of KBS Realty Advisors, which is a private equity real estate company and SEC-registered investment advisor founded in 1992. Since its inception, KBS and its affiliated companies have completed transactional activity in excess of $25 billion via 14 separate accounts, six commingled funds, five sovereign wealth funds and five non-traded REITs. For information, visit www.kbscapital.com.
(1) The exact amount of the distribution is $0.05416667 per share of common stock.
(2) MFFO is the primary supplemental performance measure used by non-listed REITs to measure operating performance. It is used in conjunction with the primary GAAP measure, which is net income, and the primary GAAP liquidity measure, which is operating cash flow.
This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the "Exchange Act"), including statements regarding KBS REIT II's distributions, potential returns to its stockholders and operating performance. These statements are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause KBS REIT II's actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially include: KBS REIT II's ability to maintain occupancy levels and lease rates at its properties; the borrowers under KBS REIT II's loan investments continuing to make required payments under the investments; the ability of certain borrowers to maintain occupancy levels and lease rates at the properties securing KBS REIT II's real estate-related investments; KBS REIT II's ability to successfully negotiate modifications, extensions or refinancing of its debt obligations; and other risks identified in Part I, Item IA of KBS REIT II's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC.
(203) 254-1300, ext. 141
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher