|By Business Wire||
|February 4, 2013 06:47 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q2mt9v/cloud_gaming) has announced the addition of the "Cloud Gaming Strategies for Multi-Play Operators: Indirect Benefits Can Be As Valuable As Direct Revenue" report to their offering.
For operators, launching a gaming service fits in with a wider digital home strategy, and the transition to becoming experience, rather than just service, providers.
The future of streaming cloud gaming services is closely tied to the availability of high-quality, high-speed connectivity. As a result, operators are a key part of the ecosystem. Cloud gaming platform providers regard operators as a major distribution channel.
For operators, cloud gaming services provide an opportunity to generate new revenue streams, differentiate service bundles, reduce churn and, potentially, stimulate take-up of high-end fixed broadband packages. Our model shows that the latter indirect benefits can be as valuable as the direct revenue.
This Viewpoint provides:
- An overview of the cloud gaming market, with quotes from leading industry players, who were interviewed as part of our research
- An analysis of the cloud gaming value chain
- Examples of operator cloud gaming deployments
- Strategic recommendations for operators on cloud gaming deployments
- A model quantifying the potential direct and indirect financial benefits of cloud gaming to operators.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q2mt9v/cloud_gaming
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher