|By Marketwired .||
|February 4, 2013 06:30 AM EST||
INDIANAPOLIS, IN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/04/13 -- Healthx releases a new infographic ( http://bit.ly/ViXWk3 ) exploring just how deep chronic disease healthcare costs impact Payers and the state of healthcare in the US.
With increasing infections, injuries, and other conditions, chronic diseases are on the rise. Nearly half the people in the US have chronic conditions leading to $1 Trillion paid in chronic disease healthcare costs annually, according to the Almanac of Chronic Diseases. These staggering statistics are an example of why Payers and healthcare providers need to work together and aide their patients in managing their healthcare.
Mobile devices, like smartphones and tablets, have proven to be of considerable value in managing healthcare, helping to lower costs for chronic diseases. In fact, just last year, 75 million people used mobile phones to access health information, according to the Cyber Citizen's 2012 Health Survey.
The survey further cites that mobile healthcare devices can help reduce costs and directly impact Payer's bottom-line by:
- Saving costs by eliminating regular doctor office visits to track blood sugar levels.
- Shortening hospital stays by using remote monitoring devices -- allowing patients to recuperate from home.
- Lessening treatment required using real-time monitoring -- resulting in early detection.
Currently, Healthx provides several mobile applications for Payers ( http://bit.ly/VMpZIp ) delivering instant access to healthcare and benefit information. Healthx also recently launched a new mobile healthcare product, mHealth Manager ( http://bit.ly/VvJxEy ), which integrates biometric data from healthcare mobile apps and wireless devices and displays it on dashboards, so care managers can track, monitor, and manage individual members and high-risk populations. Mobile healthcare is an important component to the management of chronic diseases.
Check out this new infographic ( http://bit.ly/ViXWk3 ) for more information on trends in mobile healthcare and chronic disease costs.
Healthx was formed in 1998 to meet the healthcare industry's need for better outcomes by helping Payers deliver benefits faster, more effectively and at a lower cost. Healthx has rapidly grown to be the healthcare industry's leading developer of digital solutions that are best delivered through communication and data integration portals serving more than 130 payers and 39,000 groups, representing over 13 million individual lives. Using an open technology platform, Healthx delivers cost-saving solutions to Payers, plan administrators, providers, employers, and individual members. For more information please visit http://www.healthx.com or call 877-492-3633.
VP of Marketing
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London