|By Marketwired .||
|February 4, 2013 06:30 AM EST||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/04/13 -- Overland Storage (NASDAQ: OVRL), a trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle, today announced it has been granted U.S. Patent No. 8,296,398 from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office covering its clustered file system technology related to large-scale computer file storage, and more particularly to storage of large numbers of computer files using techniques that provide scalable, reliable, and efficient disk operations on those files.
Eric Kelly, President and CEO of Overland Storage, said, "The driving force of any technology company is its commitment to innovate, and this most recent patent we have received that covers our SnapScale clustered NAS solutions will enable us to continue advancing our vision to deliver next generation storage products for the small, medium, and distributed enterprise markets. Our metadata architecture coupled with a peer set design enables the distribution and separation of metadata from user data across nodes and peer sets to provide linear scalability and improved performance with self-healing intelligence for the highest level of reliability."
About Overland Storage
Overland Storage is the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle. By providing an integrated range of technologies and services for primary, nearline, offline, archival and cloud data storage, Overland makes it easy and cost effective to manage different tiers of information over time. Overland SnapServer, SnapSAN, NEO Series and REO Series solutions are available through a select network of value added resellers and system integrators. For more information, visit http://www.overlandstorage.com/.
Connect with Overland Storage:
Read the Overland blog: http://overlandstorage.com/blog
Follow Overland on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OverlandStorage
Visit Overland on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OverlandStorage
Overland Storage, SnapSAN, SnapServer, NEO Series, REO Series and the Overland logo are trademarks of Overland Storage, Inc., that may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other trademarks used are owned by their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London