|By Liz McMillan||
|February 4, 2013 07:00 AM EST||
"This past year was one of incredible growth for us, in several ways," said Paul Gigg, President and CEO, as SOA Software today announced a 52% increase in its 2012 revenues versus the prior year. With expansion into new international markets, the development of an enterprise API management solution, and deeper engagement with developers and strategic partners, the company realized a very successful year.
"We expanded into Europe, the Middle East and Africa, delivered the industry's most reliable and usable enterprise API management product, and continued to serve customers with our leading API and SOA platform solutions. We are uniquely well-positioned to continue to deliver on the incredible demand for merged SOA and API solutions, that are highly functional, easy to use and enterprise ready," Gigg continued.
SOA Software's impressive growth in 2012 reflects an increasing demand by enterprises to use Web services to connect with customers, recognize productivity gains and increase cost efficiencies. As the idea of the API Economy continues to be embraced in the market, SOA Software developed solutions that provide organizations with effective ways to plan, build, run and share enterprise services and APIs across their own and partners' systems. The company announced earlier in the year that more than 50 billion transactions were enabled by SOA Software solutions in 2012. "Clearly, the API Economy is the environment in which smart organizations are working," said Gigg. "We've been the prime enabler of this new way of conducting business."
SOA Software's CTO speaking at 11th Cloud Expo | Cloud Expo Silicon Valley (November 2011)
Among the areas in which the company saw massive growth and change were the following:
As part of the outstanding year, SOA Software established relationships and deepened ties with many Fortune 1000 companies. The company now numbers, among its customers, the following organizations:
- 3 of the 5 largest global pharmaceutical companies
- 1 of the 2 largest international BioPharma companies
- 2 of the 5 largest t global insurance companies
- The top retail drug/pharmaceutical company in the world
- The world's largest shipping company
- The top 2 banks in the United States
- The top title insurance company in the United States
- 3 of the top 5 airline companies in the United States
- 1 of the top 2 United States railroads
- The largest private pension plan in the United States
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks