|By Marketwired .||
|February 1, 2013 07:00 PM EST||
RENO, NEVADA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/02/13 -- NuLegacy Gold Corporation (TSX VENTURE:NUG) announces that at its annual general meeting held yesterday (the "AGM") James E. Anderson, Albert J. Matter, Roger C. Steininger, Petra Decher and Arv Gupta were re-elected as directors of the Company for the ensuing year.
The shareholders also ratified and approved the Company's shareholder rights plan as announced on December 17, 2012, an amendment to the Company's "fixed" stock option plan increasing the total number of shares issuable thereunder to 11,500,000 shares and an advance notice policy (the "Advance Notice Policy") for nominating directors.
The Advance Notice Policy establishes a deadline on or before which registered shareholders must submit, in writing, director nominations to the Company prior to any annual or special meeting of shareholders in order for any director nominee to be eligible for election at such annual or special meeting and prescribes the information regarding such nominee that must accompany the nomination. The purpose of the policy is to provide shareholders, directors and management of the Company with a fair and transparent procedure for nominating directors by seeking to (i) establish an orderly and efficient process for electing directors at annual general or, if applicable, special meetings of the Company; (ii) ensure all shareholders receive adequate notice of the director nominations and sufficient information with respect to all nominees to make an informed vote; and (iii) afford shareholders reasonable time to register an informed vote. A more detailed discussion of the Advance Notice Policy is contained in the Company's management information circular dated December 17, 2012 prepared in connection with the AGM, a copy of which is available for review on SEDAR.
The Company has also granted, subject to acceptance by the TSX Venture Exchange, stock options to certain executive officers and consultants of the Company to purchase up to an aggregate of 2,350,000 shares at a price of $0.20 per share for a period of five years.
NuLegacy Gold Corporation is focused on delineating gold resources within the Carlin-type gold systems it has identified on its two highly prospective district scale properties in Nevada; the 87 km2 Red Hill Project and the 100 km2 Wood Hills South Project. Both projects have geology similar to the adjacent multi-million ounce gold deposits that were discovered subsequent to NuLegacy securing these projects. The NuLegacy exploration and drilling programs employ proprietary techniques for targeting multi-million ounce deposits.
On Behalf Of The Board Of Directors Of NuLegacy Gold Corporation
James E Anderson, Chief Executive Officer
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London