|By Business Wire||
|February 1, 2013 05:06 PM EST||
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), a Department of Defense agency, announced Judy Marks, President and CEO, Siemens Government Technologies, Inc., will sign a Statement of Support for the Guard and Reserve at 4:30 p.m. on Monday, February 4, 2013. Marks will sign the pledge in a ceremony at the Pentagon and will be joined by Lieutenant General William J. Troy, Director of the Army Staff and ESGR National Chair James Rebholz.
This Statement of Support reaffirms that Siemens joins other employers in pledging:
- We fully recognize, honor and enforce the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Rights Act (USERRA).
- Our managers and supervisors will have the tools they need to effectively manage those employees who serve in the Guard and Reserve.
- We appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and will encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists and Veterans.
- We will continually recognize and support our country’s service members and their families in peace, in crises and in war.
"Supportive employers like Siemens are critical to maintaining the readiness and strength of the nation’s Guard and Reserve units and allow Guardsmen and Reservists the opportunity to serve our country more effectively and with greater peace of mind," said James Rebholz, ESGR National Chair. "By signing this Statement of Support, Siemens sends a clear message they stand committed to their military employees and recognize the integrity, global perspective and proven leadership they bring to the workplace.”
Siemens was honored with the Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award in 2012. The Freedom Award is the nation’s highest recognition for employers supporting Guard and Reserve members.
“Siemens actively seeks to hire the best and the brightest for positions around the country and our service men and women possess unique skill sets and training that make them outstanding employees," said Marks. "We are so proud to support our employees who serve in the Guard and Reserves and know that these brave and talented men and women make our company even stronger."
Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, operating in the industry, energy, healthcare, infrastructure and cities sectors. For more than 160 years, Siemens has built a reputation for leading-edge innovation and the quality of its products, services and solutions. Siemens in the USA reported revenue of around $20 billion and employs approximately 60,000 people throughout all 50 states and Puerto Rico. For more information on Siemens in the United States, visit www.usa.siemens.com.
About Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a Federally-compliant U.S. organization structured to provide answers for some of the nation’s most challenging issues within the Federal market in infrastructure, energy, industry and healthcare. The company is the leading integrator for Siemens’ innovative products, technologies and services to meet the needs of Federal customers. For more information on Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. please visit http://www.siemensgovt.com/.
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve is a Department of Defense agency established in 1972 to develop and maintain employer support for Guard and Reserve service. ESGR advocates relevant initiatives, recognizes outstanding support, increases awareness of applicable laws, and resolves conflict between service members and employers.
More information about the ceremony and ESGR Employer Outreach Programs is available at www.ESGR.mil or by contacting Tom Bullock, Chief, Employer Outreach, at (571) 372-0709, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher