|By Maureen O'Gara||
|February 4, 2013 06:00 AM EST||
10gen, the outfit behind the open source MongoDB database, which has been downloaded 3.8 million times, has named its president Max Schireson CEO.
Former CEO Dwight Merriman becomes chairman.
Schireson has been at 10gen since 2011. He was once chief applications architect and VP for e-commerce and self-service applications at Oracle.
10gen has raised more than $81 million and its customers include Cisco, Disney, eBay and Salesforce.com.
Merriman, who was a CTO at DoubleClick, the web advertising company Google acquired for $3.1 billion, started MongoDB in 2007 with current CTO Eliot Horowitz.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks