|By Marketwired .||
|February 1, 2013 02:06 PM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/01/13 -- Gigya, the leading provider of social infrastructure for business, today announced that its technology is now reaching 1.5 billion unique users per month -- nearly two-thirds of the global internet population. The company reached the milestone as it surpassed 650 clients with 300 leading online businesses choosing the social infrastructure company in 2012. New clients include enterprises across publishing, retail, brand and travel verticals, including: Wal-Mart, DirectTV, RedBox, Beats Electronics, Pacific Sunwear (PacSun), American Heart Association, Jelly Belly, Barneys New York, Bad Boy Marketing Group, Adidas, Food Network, AlItalia and LUSH Cosmetics.
In addition to its client growth, Gigya finished the year by nearly tripling its sales growth from 2011 and recorded its largest quarter ever, with 33 percent quarter-over-quarter growth in Q4.
"Gigya's growth over the last year has been astounding," said Patrick Salyer, CEO of Gigya. "We're on our way to becoming universal on the web and we won't stop until every consumer-facing enterprise is using our technology."
Additional 2012 milestones:
- The company raised an additional $15.3 million from prominent investors such as Advance Publications, Mayfield Fund, Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, and Adobe.
- Gigya now works with nearly 50 percent of the comScore Top 100 U.S. web properties.
- The company now has more than 150 employees, with offices in Mountain View, CA, London and Tel Aviv.
- Gigya released innovative new products such as Registration-as-a-Service and SocialPrivacy Certification to help businesses manage consumer social data.
- The company announced Jill Nissen as acting Chief Privacy Officer.
- Gigya formed a Privacy and Safety Advisory Board with leading privacy experts from the Future of Privacy Forum, ConnectSafely and Stanford University.
- It launched Gigya NEXUS Partner Ecosystem to allow businesses to use social data for online marketing campaigns.
Gigya plans on expanding further in 2013 by adding more than 70 new employees during the year, as well as expanding its product suite and signing hundreds of new clients.
Gigya provides websites with a complete social infrastructure that creates immersive social experiences for users and provides unparalleled customer insights for businesses.
Gigya equips businesses like ABC, Pepsi, and Verizon with a comprehensive solution to socialize their online properties. Our technology enables seamless registration with Social Login and Registration-as-a-Service, increases traffic and time spent on-site via Social Plugins and Gamification, strengthens customer relationships through SocialPrivacy Certification, and transforms marketing by leveraging permission-based social identity data.
Gigya works with more than 650 enterprises and touches more than 1.5 billion users per month. Our platform extracts the real value from social media, empowering online businesses to attract, engage, and understand users like never before.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher