|By Business Wire||
|February 1, 2013 12:18 PM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6gp8md/western_union) has announced the addition of the "Western Union: Globalization Benefits a Money Transfer Market Leader" report to their offering.
Western Union was established as a telegraph company in the mid-19th century, and began money transfer operations in 1871. Its telegram and business communication services ceased in 2006, but by this time the money transfer business had long been Western Union's main revenue source.
Features and benefits
- MarketLine Case Studies describe topics such as innovative products, business models, and significant company acquisitions.
- Fact-based and presented in an accessible style, they explain the rationale of commercial decisions and illustrate wider market and economic trends.
Western Union has enjoyed a decade of continuous profitability, firmly establishing itself as a leading telecommunications company. It is a leading player in the global cross-border money transfer market with a market share of 17%.
In 2011, Western Union reported that 84% of its annual revenue was derived from consumer-to-consumer money transfer services, 14% from consumer-to-business transfers, and 2% from other services.
Your key questions answered
- How has economic migration drive demand for remittance services in the global market?
- How will Western Union respond to the challenges posed by increasing regulation and competition?
Key Topics Covered:
- A Leading Electronic Communications Player
- Economic Migration Drives Demand For Remittance Services
- The Future: Regulation And Competition
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6gp8md/western_union
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks