|By Maureen O'Gara||
|February 4, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
AMD's SeaMicro SM15000 x86-based micro server has been certified for the Rackspace Private Cloud, which simplifies the management of large pools of compute, storage and networking resources using OpenStack.
The so-called "Nova in a Box" and "Swift in a Rack" reference architectures are respectively supposed to be the most efficient compute and highest storage capacity solutions validated for OpenStack.
Product Certification means that enterprise deployments of Rackspace Private Cloud on SeaMicro SM15000 micro servers are a proven and rigorously tested solution.
Andrew Feldman, the founder of SeaMicro and general manager of AMD Data Center Server Solutions, claims "The combination of Rackspace Private Cloud and AMD SeaMicro servers will change the way the industry deploys and manages large pools of compute."
Rackspace claims to be seeing rapid adoption of its Private Cloud Software.
In 10 rack units, the SM15000 system links 512 compute cores, 160 gigabits of I/O networking, up to five petabytes of storage with a 1.28 terabyte high-performance supercompute fabric called Freedom Fabric. It eliminates top-of-rack switches, terminal servers, hundreds of cables and thousands of unnecessary components for a more efficient and simple operational environment.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London