|By Marketwired .||
|February 1, 2013 08:34 AM EST||
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 02/01/13 -- City Index UK: Most European markets pushed higher on Friday as investor risk appetite increased following strong Chinese data which underpinned mining stocks, and on encouraging European manufacturing figures. Spanish markets bucked the trend after a short selling ban was lifted and the IBEX declined 1.5%.
Read Full Article by Fiona Cincotta at cityindex.co.uk: Strong manufacturing data pushes markets higher ahead of US payroll figures
Although the manufacturing figures for Europe showed that the sector continued to shrink in January, it was at the slowest pace for 11 months. The figure was expected at 47.5 against last month's 46.1, but actually beat expectations at 47.9. Germany specifically saw its manufacturing output rise to 49.8 -- an 11-month high and just shy of growth which is reported at a figure above 50. Spain also reported a 19-month high at 46.1. The industrial sector was very much a drag on the Eurozone economy last year; however, this PMI looks like this could be the start of a turnaround. On a negative note France sank to a four-month low at 42.9 which is of some concern.
Manufacturing data from China was slightly contradictory, with the HSBC figure coming in ahead of expectations whilst the standard manufacturing PMI was slightly worse than expected. Importantly, however, both figures were over 50 -- showing that growth had returned to the world's second largest economy. The mining sector found support in these figures, with Vedanta and Fresnillo both trading over 2% higher. Read more...
About City Index:
City Index's unique online trading platform enables you to spread bet and trade CFDs. Our live CFD trading App for the iPhone provides you with full and secure access to your City Index CFD trading account, whenever and wherever you want.
Our App, formerly known as City Trading, has won numerous awards since its launch in 2009. City Trading was awarded the Money AM 'Best Mobile Trading Platform' for 2010 and 2011, Financial Times and Investors Chronicle Award for 'Innovation of the Year (Mobile)' 2010 and, more recently, the Shares Magazine 'Best Online Trading Application' Award for 2011.
Your losses are magnified in exactly the same way as your gains if the market moves against you and can result in losses exceeding your initial outlay. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks