|By JCN Newswire||
|February 1, 2013 01:44 AM EST||
About Low CO2 Kawasaki Brand '12
Low CO2 Kawasaki Brand is a program instituted by the city of Kawasaki, Japan to support manufacturing for a low-carbon society. The program recognizes Kawasaki-originated products and technology that contribute to a reduction in CO2 emissions throughout their lifecycles. After three years of experimental period, the city government of Kawasaki is now officially implementing the Low CO2 Kawasaki Brand starting this fiscal year.
Reason for the Selection
The ETERNUS DX60 S2, ETERNUS DX80 S2, and ETERNUS DX90 S2 entry-level disk arrays in the ETERNUS series offer a standard-feature eco-mode with a technology called "massive array of idle disks" (MAID)(1) that rotates the disks only when necessary. They also employ high-efficiency power units, and vary the frequency of fan rotations in stages to minimize power consumption when in use without sacrificing performance.
On the performance front, the ETERNUS DX80 S2 has achieved the highest performance in its class(2) according to the SPC Benchmark(TM)(3) . Furthermore, intelligent use of energy-saving technologies ensures that the array will reduce CO2 emissions over its lifecycle by 46%(4) per gigabyte of storage capacity compared to the previous model.
(1) Massive array of idle disks: By stopping the rotation of disks that are rarely used, less electricity is consumed and disk lifespan is increased.
(2) Highest performance in class: Based on the SPC- Benchmark-1(TM), which measures random access performance and the SPC- Benchmark-2(TM), which measures sequential access performance. (According to Fujitsu research, as of January 28, 2013. The URLs below link to benchmark results.)
(3) SPC Benchmark: A benchmark established by a non-profit organization that evaluates the performance of storage from participating companies in the storage industry.
(4) 46% reduction: Calculated in accordance with the standards of Low CO2 Kawasaki Brand '12.
About Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$54 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
Source: Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu Limited Public and Investor Relations www.fujitsu.com/global/news/contacts/ +81-3-3215-5259
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher