|By Business Wire||
|February 1, 2013 01:30 AM EST||
Panasonic Corporation (NYSE:PC)(TOKYO:6752)("Panasonic") today announced that Minebea Co., Ltd. ("Minebea") and Panasonic reached an agreement today that Panasonic would promptly transfer all of its shares in their joint venture of Minebea Motor Manufacturing Corporation to Minebea and dissolve their alliance.
There shall be no effect on the consolidated financial outlook of Panasonic for fiscal year ending March 31, 2013.
For further detail, please see the attached.
Minebea Co., Ltd.
Dissolution of Joint Venture of Motor Business
Minebea Co., Ltd. ("Minebea") and Panasonic Corporation ("Panasonic") today reached an agreement that Panasonic would promptly transfer all of its shares (40 percent of the capital) in their joint venture of Minebea Motor Manufacturing Corporation ("Minebea Motor") to Minebea and dissolve their alliance.
Minebea Motor had been set up on April 1, 2004, integrating the fan motor, stepping motor, vibration motor, and DC brush motor business of Minebea and Panasonic, to develop a globally competitive business by leveraging the ultra-precision machining technology, mass production technology, and cost competitiveness of Minebea with the innovative product development strength of Panasonic. On April 1, 2010, businesses for small brushless motors, power brushless motors, and polygon mirror scanner motors had been transferred to Minebea Motor from Panasonic for further business development. However, the environment of the motor manufacturing business is changing recently, Minebea and Panasonic reached an agreement to dissolve the joint venture and to seek further business expansion for Minebea Motor to continue on as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Minebea, after reconsiderations for businesses.
Minebea, Minebea motor and Panasonic will maintain the further collaborative relationship through continuous products supply in future.
Minebea Motor Manufacturing Corporation
|Location:||4106-73 Oaza Miyota , Kitasaku-gun, Nagano prefecture|
|Description of businesses:||Development, manufacturing, and sales of small motors for electronic devices and information equipment|
|Date of establishment:||April 1, 2004|
|Capital:||10 Billion JPY|
|Ratio of capital:||Minebea 60%, Panasonic 40% (as of end-January, 2013)|
|Sales :||54.4 Billion JPY (year ended in March, 2012)|
|Employees:||7,493 (as of end-March, 2012)|
|Production/Development Bases:||Karuizawa, Hamamatsu, Yonago, Thailand, Malaysia, China, Cambodia|
|■ Media Inquiries:|
|Minebea Co. Ltd., Corporate Communications Office||TEL +81-3-6758-6703|
|Panasonic Corporation, Groupwide Brand Communications Division, Public Relations Group|
|TEL +81-6-6908-0447 (Osaka)|
TEL +81-3-3574-5661 (Tokyo）
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London