|By Business Wire||
|January 31, 2013 08:04 PM EST||
AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security to 143 million active users, today announced an agreement with the leading multimedia software applications and platforms provider, Nero.
Under the terms of the new deal, Nero will bundle AVG’s Secure Search solution as part of each offering within its extensive product suite. Handing privacy back to the user through integrated AVG Do Not Track technology, AVG Secure Search alerts users before they visit dangerous websites, making sure their identity, personal information, and computer are protected.
“Nero’s mission is to create content that can then be distributed anytime, anywhere and on any device. Security is a fundamental component of this, enabling us to provide consumers with the freedom to simply enjoy their music, photos, and videos. Working with such an innovative and dynamic company as AVG is a natural fit for us,” said Jürgen Kurz, CEO of Nero.
“As we play out more and more of our lives online, securing your data and digital privacy has never been more important,” said JR Smith, CEO of AVG Technologies. “But there’s no need for it to be complicated, nor for it to restrict the way you live your life. AVG’s easy-to-use technologies make it simple to protect you and your family online, and we are delighted that this exciting new partnership with Nero will allow even more people to enjoy enhanced digital freedom and peace of mind.”
For further information on AVG Secure Search 2013 please visit http://www.avg.com/gb-en/secure-search
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)
AVG’s mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG’s powerful yet easy-‐to-‐use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG’s software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 143 million active users as of September 30, 2012 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software.
About Nero AG
Nero creates software that helps consumers around the world simply enjoy their videos, photos and music. Its NeroKwik service gives consumers a simple, smart and social way to share photos across mobile devices, cloud storage services and online social networks. Nero has offices in Glendale, Calif., USA; Karlsbad, Germany; Yokohama, Japan; and Hangzhou, China.
Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at http://small-business.blog.avg.com/
- Visit the AVG Business Resource Centre at http://www.avg.com/us-en/business-resources-center
- Visit the AVG Reseller Center at https://secure.avg.com/us-en/rc-login
- Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVGfree
- Join our LinkedIn community LinkedIn
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks