|By Marketwired .||
|January 31, 2013 06:11 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- The Honourable Vic Toews, Minister of Public Safety, commended the efforts of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) following their announcement in Winnipeg today of the arrest of 11 people and a significant seizure of cocaine, synthetic drugs and illegal firearms.
"Our government commends the efforts of the RCMP and its partners for its unwavering commitment in conducting the long term investigation that led to these arrests in connection with illegal drugs and firearms," said Minister Toews. "The harmful effects of illicit drugs on individuals, families and communities cannot be emphasized enough. The production and trafficking of illicit drugs is one of the root causes of violent crime.
Our Government will continue to work with domestic and international partners to address the global drug problem. We are committed to fighting organized crime and protecting Canadians so that our communities are safe places for people to live, raise their families and do business."
For more information, please consult the RCMP website www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca
Follow Public Safety Canada (@Safety_Canada) on Twitter.
Public Safety Canada
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher