|By Marketwired .||
|January 31, 2013 05:39 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- Public Safety Minister Vic Toews made the following statement after the Canada Border Services Agency announced today the 26th successful removal of a person on the "Wanted by the CBSA" list, and the addition of five new profiles.
Xun Zhang is inadmissible to Canada for serious criminality for being convicted of robbery and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, namely, produce a controlled substance. He has also been convicted of unlawfully trafficking in a controlled substance and assault. Zhang was arrested in August 2011 by the CBSA in Richmond, British Columbia and was removed from Canada on January 26, 2013.
"With this 26th removal from the 'Wanted by the CBSA list' and its expansion to include five new profiles, I wish to commend the CBSA on the success of the initiative. I also wish to thank Canadians for the support they have provided to law enforcement authorities in locating these individuals. Canadians are justifiably proud of their country and vigilant about its safety. Our government looks forward to their continued collaboration as we work to identify, detain and remove those who enter or live here illegally or who have broken the law and endangered our communities."
To date, as a result of the "Wanted by the CBSA" program, Canadians have assisted in locating 37 individuals in Canada, of which 26 have been removed. In addition, five individuals were located abroad.
The five individuals added today are: Alfredo Guiller Reynoso, inadmissible for serious criminality; Derwain St Michael Martin, inadmissible for serious criminality; Christopher Nwanko, inadmissible for failing to comply with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; Robert Akwasi Boakye, inadmissible for serious criminality; and Jean Leonard Teganya, inadmissible for human rights violations.
Follow Public Safety Canada (@Safety_Canada) on Twitter
Public Safety Canada
Canada Border Services Agency
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks