|By Marketwired .||
|January 31, 2013 02:55 PM EST||
PHILADELPHIA, PA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- CBS 3, the Delaware Valley's most-watched station, will be the local home of the world's most watched event on television this weekend, Super Bowl XLVII. Long before the first play, the station is providing everything on-air and online that football fans need to make it the most memorable experience, from the first kickoff to the final touchdown.
Sports Director Beasley Reece will be on location in sight of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome to break down the game for fans with Kickoff in New Orleans, a one-hour special featuring CBS Analyst Phil Simms and former NFL players. The special airs Saturday, February 2nd, 7-8 p.m. on CBS 3. During the hour, Sports Anchor Lesley Van Arsdall will also lead a round table discussion back in Philadelphia featuring SportsRadio 94 WIP's Merrill Reese, Rhea Hughes, Paul Jolovitz and Spike Eskin, who will be tweeting with viewers.
Whether fans are parked in front of their flat screens, laptops or tablets, CBS 3 will be providing a wide range of game features and social networking experiences, including access to live streaming coverage of the Super Bowl itself through CBSPhilly.com.
Reece will also be blogging and reporting live from New Orleans on Eyewitness News on CBS 3 and The CW Philly. Reece, a former NFL player and NFL game analyst, played with the Dallas Cowboys, the New York Giants and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but he continues to list the Eagles 2005 appearance at the Super Bowl as one of his favorite broadcasting experiences. A talented singer who plays classical piano, Reece has also sung the National Anthem at several NFL games and for the Philadelphia 76ers.
CBS 3 (KYW-TV) and The CW Philly (WPSG-TV) are part of CBS Television Stations, a division of CBS Corporation.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher