|By Business Wire||
|January 31, 2013 02:48 PM EST||
Orion Energy Systems recently unveiled a new ISON™ Class LED lighting product, the ambient temperature high bay fixture, at Masonite’s South Carolina facility.
Masonite is a leading manufacturer of interior doors and entry door systems.
Wisconsin-based Orion Energy Systems, whose customers include 145 of the Fortune 500 companies, is one of the world’s leading energy management experts.
Orion replaced 660 inefficient, heat-producing, 400-watt high intensity discharge (HID) fixtures with just 368 sleek, cool-running, long-lasting 123-watt LED fixtures.
This bold, business-savvy retrofit will generate a decades-long economic boom for Masonite, which, based on current utility rates, projects to save $53,839.97 a year on electricity costs. Thousands of additional dollars will be saved due to no anticipated lighting maintenance costs for up to 20 years.
Through its products, technology, controls and expertise, Orion has saved its customers $1.8 billion, primarily on lighting electricity costs.
At Masonite, Orion installed the state-of-the-art ISON Class LED fixtures strategically throughout the 200,000 square foot facility. In about 25 percent of the facility, where line work and quality control inspections take place, the fixture swap-out rate was one-for-one. But in other areas, HID fixtures were removed and not replaced because of the efficiency of Orion’s ISON Class LED fixtures.
Orion Energy Systems, Inc. (NYSE MKT: OESX) is a leading power technology enterprise that designs, manufactures and deploys energy management systems – consisting primarily of high-performance, energy-efficient lighting platforms, intelligent wireless control systems and direct renewable solar technology for commercial and industrial customers – without compromising quantity and quality of light. Orion distributes solar photovoltaic systems and offers integrated solar power services, such as project development, engineering, procurement and construction, operation and maintenance and project financing. For more information, visit www.oesx.com.
Masonite is one of the world's largest manufacturers of interior, exterior and patio doors for residential and commercial applications. For more than 80 years, the company has been committed to building enduring products and simplified solutions through innovation. For more information, visit www.masonite.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks