|By Business Wire||
|January 31, 2013 01:26 PM EST||
TransCore’s Link Logistics Canadian Freight Index closed 2012 with December freight volumes down for both year-over-year and month-over-month by 16 percent. In spite of the decreases, annual volumes for 2012 were down only 11 percent from the elevated levels of 2011, and were still well above 2009 recessionary levels by 53 percent.
Annual volumes for 2012 started the year at near record levels in January with a steady increase until May when it reached its peak followed by the summer decline.
Overall load volumes for cross-border postings and intra-Canada postings averaged at 69 and 28 percent respectively. The top five states of origin for loads destined to Canada ordered from highest to lowest total loads were Pennsylvania, Ohio, Texas, California and Illinois.
Equipment postings followed the normal downward trend ending the year at its lowest. December 2012 was 19 percent below the previous month, however, had a year-over-year increase of seven percent from December 2011. Equipment postings for the year were up 13 percent from 2011 and five percent from 2010 volumes.
About Canada’s Largest Freight Matching System
TransCore’s Loadlink freight matching database constitutes the largest Canadian network of carriers, owner operators, freight brokers and intermediaries and has been available to Canadian subscribers since its inception in 1990. Over 13 million full loads, LTL (less than truck load) shipments and trucks are posted to the Loadlink network annually. As a result of this high volume, TransCore’s Canadian Freight Index is representative of the ups and downs in spot market freight movement and provides a historical account of the domestic and cross border spot market freight movement. The Loadlink network provides Canadian based companies with:
- The largest online database of available loads and trucks
- Unlimited access to the network and integrated services
- Guaranteed payment
About TransCore Freight Solutions
TransCore’s Freight Solutions serves brokers, carriers, owner-operators and shippers in the United States and Canada with best-in-class products. Load boards or freight matching include Loadlink in Canada and TransCore 3sixty powered by the DAT Network in the United States. Loadlink has the largest Canadian freight matching database of loads and trucks and offers access to other services such as Quickpay, credit reports, insurance and operating authorities, dispatch software, mileage software and more. TransCore’s trailer tracking and in-cab communications solutions feature the industry’s fastest response times and state-of-the-art satellite networking.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks