|By Marketwired .||
|January 31, 2013 01:08 PM EST||
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- Bobrick Washroom Equipment, Inc. today announced the launch of a series of instructional videos featuring Mia Schaikewitz, one of the stars of the docu-series "Push Girls" on Sundance Channel, to help architects, designers and contractors tackle disabled access issues for commercial restroom design under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
"We are delighted to have Mia as a spokesperson for Bobrick on this important issue of disabled access design," said David Leigh, vice president of marketing for Bobrick. "For a company such as Bobrick, we often deal with the more technical matters of design for architects and property managers, but we feel Mia's participation allows us to have a conversation with a larger audience to make people aware that good design can be embraced and done effectively."
The first of three planned videos featuring Schaikewitz was released today on Bobrick's website and YouTube channel and deals with proper spacing for accessible pathways. Two more videos dealing with the proper placements of toilets and mountings of fixtures and accessories will be released in the coming months.
"I am thrilled to participate in these videos and grateful for Bobrick's interest in furthering good design for universal accessibility," said Schaikewitz. "It's important for people with disabilities to show how we can be partners in good design and how everyone can work together in sharing important and valuable information."
Bobrick also produces the industry's leading Planning Guide for Accessible Restrooms which has been the go-to guide for architects, designers and contractors. It is available free for download at: http://www.bobrick.com/Documents/PlanningGuide.pdf
The video can be viewed at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqhXJi9Yb0A
"Push Girls" airs on Sundance Channel and premiered to critical acclaim for its honest portrayal of the lives of four dynamic, outspoken and beautiful women who, by accident or illness, have been paralyzed from the neck or waist down. The show is currently in production for its second season. For more information on the show, please go to: www.sundancechannel.com/push-girls
Bobrick is a 100+ year-old global washroom accessory and partition company headquartered in North Hollywood, CA with six manufacturing divisions across the United States and Canada and business operations that extend into 85 markets worldwide. A leader in product innovation and manufacturing, Bobrick prides itself as a company that delivers best-in-class products and service, while fostering an environment of collaboration and continuous learning.
For more information, please visit us at: www.bobrick.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2216855
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2216856
Tel: (818) 503-1640
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London