|By Business Wire||
|January 31, 2013 12:14 PM EST||
eHarmony today announced its mobile conversion rate (mobile registrants who buy a subscription) is up nearly 40 percent year-over-year. eHarmony also saw a 25 percent increase in the number of times users accessed one of its apps compared to this time last year. This trend is contrary to recent reports of the challenges in getting mobile users to purchase a subscription. The company attributes the increase to growing comfort in making a purchase using a mobile device alongside the increased functionality of eHarmony mobile-friendly dating including its mobile site and its new app launched just a few weeks ago.
The time between Christmas and Valentine’s Day is typically high season for online dating, but as mobile access becomes more and more prevalent, eHarmony not only sees a boost in mobile registration, but has noted its subscribers are interacting more through their mobile devices. This year, more than 50 percent of the communications sent and responded to were from mobile devices as eHarmony saw their highest amount of unique users using mobile ever. The span of time that people are able to check in on their matches and communication has changed from twice a day from their home computer to over 5 or more times a day through mobile. These sessions are generally shorter than desktop sessions, but lead to quicker response times and increased communication activity.
“Mobile registrations continue to represent an ever larger piece of our business,” said Ashley Lewis, Director of Product Management for eHarmony’s mobile group. “We have created user experiences optimized for every format, from mobile phones to tablets that enable our subscribers to more easily find someone they’re compatible with. Finding a lasting relationship has never been more accessible or convenient and we will see these numbers continue to rise going forward.”
About eHarmony, Inc.
Santa Monica, Calif.-based eHarmony, Inc. (www.eharmony.com) was founded in 2000 and is a pioneer in using relationship science to match singles seeking long-term relationships. Its service presents users with compatible matches based on key dimensions of personality that are scientifically proven to predict highly successful long-term relationships. On average, 542 people marry every day in the U.S. as a result of being matched on eHarmony, nearly 5% of new marriages.* Currently, eHarmony operates online matchmaking services in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and Brazil, and through its affiliation with eDarling, in 16 countries throughout continental Europe.
* 2009 survey conducted for eHarmony by Harris Interactive.®
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks