|By Business Wire||
|January 31, 2013 11:01 AM EST||
Virtual Bridges today announced results for 2012, including significant sales traction across North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The company’s purpose-built desktop cloud and virtualization solutions saw strong demand from large enterprises, managed service providers and decentralized organizations, all looking to remove risk, while offering end users a consistent high quality experience, from any location.
“Decentralized users, whether branch, region or across multiple campuses, are underserved by today’s VDI solutions. We provide solutions that offer a nimble, efficient approach to desktop management and provisioning, pushing power out to end users while allowing IT to retain control of the data and enforce security policies,” said Jim Curtin, CEO of Virtual Bridges. “Our focus continues to be on providing customers smarter ways to manage the new desktop experience, connecting end users to the applications and data they need – regardless of the device.”
2012 highlights include:
- Strong Sales – Virtual Bridges saw significant growth in sales across new business and existing customer accounts throughout the year, with strong traction among federal government, technology and education organizations. Key wins included Birmingham Metropolitan College, Galt School District, Great Wall (China), iFollowOffice, Panasonic and Viastack.
- Expanded Partnerships – Virtual Bridges expanded its relationship with IBM and announced new partnerships with 10ZiG, CDS, ETS, JTI, GIS (Germany), Gulf Business Machines, Praim, Prestige (France) and SFDATA to provide organizations access to world-class desktop management and provisioning solutions.
- Product Innovation – Virtual Bridges added key functionality to its VERDE virtual desktop management solution, including new Active Cloud Branch capabilities, bare metal install, and support for pooled users. In addition, Virtual Bridges worked closely with IBM to deliver enhanced cloud management and mobility capabilities and partnered with CompuCom to offer desktop cloud as a managed service.
- Industry Accolades – Virtual Bridges was named a Major Player by IDC in the Worldwide Client Virtualization Vendor Analysis and was selected to present at key industry events including BoozAllen, IBM Pulse and LinuxCon.
- Employee Growth – Virtual Bridges continued to add talent at the management level. New hires included Greg Barone, vice president of sales for Americas; Iser Cukierman, chief financial officer; Billy Gee, vice president of development; and Sundeep Goel, vice president of alliances and channel sales.
Delivered on premises, via hosted service or managed service provider, Virtual Bridges removes risks and offers a nimble, efficient approach to desktop management and provisioning with its unique Desktop Cloud Fabric™. The company’s flagship solution, VERDE, includes online, offline and branch VDI, Gold Master provisioning, Storage Optimizer, a Distributed Connection brokering architecture, flexibility to run both Windows and Linux desktops, branch-level VDI at LAN speeds, support for on-premises and hosted deployment, and desktop portability on a USB stick.
About Virtual Bridges
Virtual Bridges VERDE is an award-winning desktop management and provisioning solution that leverages virtualization to deliver desktops either on-premises or in the cloud. VERDE helps enterprises transform TCO by simplifying desktop management, improving security and compliance, and increasing the organizational agility across Windows and Linux environments. Virtual Bridges is headquartered in Austin, Texas. For more information visit: http://vbridges.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London