|By Marketwired .||
|January 31, 2013 10:14 AM EST||
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- Global market research company Euromonitor International is pleased to announce the addition of United States regional and state-level data and analysis to its Passport market research database, identifying unique differences within the world's largest economy.
"The US market is diverse and trends can vary significantly by state and region. For example, popular brands in the Southern region may not be well received in the Pacific," said US Research Analyst, Jared Koerten. "This data allows users to identify regional trends, making it easier to develop existing products in new regions and enhance their chances of success."
The new data covers 22 of the largest states, equaling 80 percent of the US population, and helps retailers and brands target specific regions or states with potential growth opportunities.
Regional-level reports and breaking news articles will help better understand trends and socioeconomic conditions in each region as they are happening.
"While domestic businesses gain an obvious advantage from using regional data, international companies also benefit by finding potential opportunities for new business growth within a niche market in the US," Koerten said.
Ten facts from Euromonitor's new state-level data:
1. One-fifth of all bottled water sold in the US is in California. 2. More than 53 percent of variety stores in the US are located in the South. 3. Per capita disposable income in the Northeast is 15 percent higher than the national average. 4. The average consumer in Ohio spends nearly US$200 per year at discounters like Save-A-Lot and Aldi - nearly three times the national average. 5. Walgreen Co, the national leader in drugstores with an outlet share of over 26 percent in 2012, trails both rivals CVS Caremark Corp and Rite Aid Corp in the Northeast. 6. With per capita disposable income of $28,300 per year, Mississippi was the country's poorest state in 2012. 7. The average consumer in the Midwest purchases more than 200 litres of carbonates every year. 8. The population in Arizona is projected to grow faster than any other state - growing more than 15 percent by 2020. 9. Per capita coffee consumption in the Northeast is nearly 12 percent higher than the national average. 10. Were it an independent country, California would rank just behind Canada as the world's 12th largest retailing market, with total retail sales of nearly US$307 billion in 2012.
About Euromonitor International
Euromonitor International is the world's leading provider for global business intelligence and strategic market analysis. We have 40 years of experience publishing international market reports, business reference books and online databases on consumer markets.
We deliver market research solutions to support strategic planning for today's increasingly international business environment. Our research offers in-depth market analysis on consumer goods and services industries worldwide, as well as economic, demographic and socio-economic data and insight on countries and consumers.
+1 (312) 922-1115 ext. 8349
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks