|By Business Wire||
|January 31, 2013 08:02 AM EST||
Silver Peak Systems today released the third installment in a six-part video series that features Silver Peak founder and CTO, David Hughes, looking ahead into the key information technology (IT) trends for 2013. In this video, Hughes highlights the importance of data replication for any size business – large or small – and the need to ensure efficient replication as part of a disaster recovery strategy.
- Watch the David Hughes video: http://blog.silver-peak.com/offsite-data-replication-becoming-mainstream-video
“A key component of any disaster recovery strategy is off-site replication,” says Hughes. “You need to be able to take the core data you need to run your business and move it to another location, preferably thousands of miles away, and be able to restore that data after a disaster as part of a disaster recovery strategy.”
Hughes goes on to note that businesses today, regardless of size, have become increasingly dependent upon IT. Since these businesses cannot afford to lose data or customers, he says nearly every organization needs to think about how it is replicating data as part of its disaster recovery strategy.
Each video in the series examines areas of IT and networking that Hughes feels will be accentuated during the coming year. The first video in the series featured Hughes’ thoughts on the hype and reality of software defined networking (SDN) while the second video focused on how virtualization is redefining IT.
- Read the WAN Speak blog
- Follow @SilverPeak on Twitter
- Watch Silver Peak videos on YouTube
- Connect with Silver Peak on LinkedIn
About Dr. David Hughes
Dr. David Hughes is founder and CTO of Silver Peak Systems. He started Silver Peak in 2004 after a year as an Entrepreneur in Residence at Benchmark Capital. David holds fifteen patents covering packet scheduling, routing and control algorithms. He earned his PhD in electrical and computer engineering from Wollongong University, Australia, and holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Auckland University in New Zealand.
About Silver Peak Systems
Silver Peak software accelerates data between data centers, branch offices and the cloud. The company’s software-defined acceleration solves network quality, capacity and distance challenges to provide fast and reliable access to data anywhere in the world. Leveraging its leadership in data center class wide area network (WAN) optimization, Silver Peak is a key enabler for strategic IT projects like virtualization, big data and disaster recovery. Download Silver Peak software today at silver-peak.com/marketplace.
Note: Silver Peak Systems and the Silver Peak logo are trademarks of Silver Peak Systems, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher