|By Business Wire||
|January 31, 2013 07:06 AM EST||
In honor of Mary Kay Inc.’s 50th anniversary, the company revamped marykay.com to enhance the consumer experience with more information on products, beauty trends and the company. Mary Kay brand lovers will enjoy enriched search options, expanded product details and an easy online shopping experience with their Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant.
“We are a top beauty company with a 50-year history of producing on-trend products for every woman,” said Sheryl Adkins-Green, Mary Kay Inc.’s Chief Marketing Officer. “The changes to our website put our irresistible products at the forefront. The new marykay.com not only reflects our great beauty product portfolio, but also showcases the ease of shopping online with a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant.”
Along with the overhaul of marykay.com, the personal websites for Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants were also updated. Every Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant can have a personal website that is hosted and maintained by Mary Kay Inc. Mary Kay was among the first direct sellers to provide independent sales force members the option of individual personal websites for online sales nearly 15 years ago. The new website platform offers Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants the ability to offer more personalized service for their customers throughout the entire shopping experience. In the United States, Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants can deliver product orders in person or have them shipped directly to their customers from one of Mary Kay’s five distribution centers.
“The Independent Beauty Consultants websites are like a personal makeup concierge,” said Sara Friedman, Mary Kay Inc.’s Vice President of U.S. Marketing. “Once a woman goes to her personal Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant’s website or connects with one through the help of the Consultant Locator, she can save her favorite products, view application tips, get personal product recommendations and order products. Plus, she can always see how the newest trend looks on her with our popular online Virtual Makeover. The website makes running a Mary Kay business easier for our independent sales force and makes buying our products even more fun and convenient for customers.”
Mary Kay’s new web platform is available in the United States with plans to roll it out to its other global markets throughout the next 18 months. Also, the company will debut a mobile version of the website later this year.
About Mary Kay
Irresistible products. Positive community impact. Rewarding opportunity. For 50 years, Mary Kay has offered it all. With 2.5 million Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants and $3 billion in global annual wholesale sales, Mary Kay is a top beauty brand and direct seller in more than 35 markets around the world. To learn more or to locate a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant in your area, please visit marykay.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London