|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 08:03 PM EST||
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- Premier Darrell Pasloski and Alaska Governor Sean Parnell met to discuss projects that could enhance Yukon's long-term energy and telecommunications security.
The two leaders met in Vancouver today to discuss the feasibility of connecting the Alaska and Yukon energy and communications infrastructure.
"With one of the fastest growing economies in the country, Yukon needs to take steps to ensure that reliable power and telecommunications continue to be available to the territory's residents and businesses," Pasloski said. "I look forward to future discussions with Alaska on these and other important issues such as the continuation of funding for the Shakwak Highway Project."
This meeting between Pasloski and Parnell follows the renewal last summer of the Alaska-Yukon Intergovernmental Relations Accord, a framework for cooperative work on both sides of the border.
"I was pleased to renew the Alaska Yukon Intergovernmental Accord in 2012," Parnell said. "Today's meeting builds on Alaska's longstanding relationship with our closest neighbour. I appreciate the fruitful discussion with Premier Pasloski. We will continue to work together on areas of mutual importance including infrastructure, workforce training and natural resource projects that will benefit Alaskans and the region as a whole."
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher