|By Business Wire||
|January 30, 2013 08:01 PM EST||
The Next-Generation Energy and Social Systems Verification Experiment projects aimed at establishing smart cities and smart communities are proceeding in Japan. Japan Smart City Portal is the portal site for providing information on the latest trends in these projects. Introductions to a wide range of initiatives, including the verified results of Demand Response (DR) projects and V2H (Vehicle to Home) projects implemented in the summer of 2012 are available for access on http://jscp.nepc.or.jp/en/ in the English language, http://jscp.nepc.or.jp/cn/ in the Chinese language, and http://jscp.nepc.or.jp/ in the Japanese language.
The Next-Generation Energy and Social Systems Verification Experiment is an initiative being carried out by Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry in order to establish smart grids, smart cities and smart communities. In addition to providing visibility over the supply and demand of energy, this initiative involves a diverse range of themes, including controlling home appliance and water heating equipment, etc., issuing DR, the use of V2H, HEMS (Home Energy Management Systems) or BEMS (Building Energy Management Systems), and the use of CEMS (Community Energy Management Systems) in order to optimize the use of energy throughout entire areas.
Four areas were selected to take part in this verification experiment—City of Yokohama, Toyota City, Keihanna Science City (official name: Kansai Science City) and City of Kitakyushu—and experiments will be carried out on various aspects, from technology through to organization and business models.
Japan Smart City Portal (JSCP) provides articles in the Japanese, English and Chinese languages in order to provide the world with information on the technology related to Japan's smart grids, smart cities and smart communities. JSCP is operated by the New Energy Promotion Council (http://www.nepc.or.jp/) to promote the verification experiment.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher