|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 06:38 PM EST||
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Executive Search Dating, Vancouver's #1 personalized matchmaking service for single professionals, wants to help Vancouver singles survive the most stressful day on the singles calendar: Valentine's Day!
"How you feel about Valentine's Day depends on your relationship status," says Paddi Rice, President and Owner of Executive Search Dating. "If you have found your special someone, it's an opportunity to show them you care. But if you're still single, the best part of Valentine's Day may be that it heralds the beginning of the spring 'Matchmaking Season'!"
Here are Executive Search Dating's Top 10 best and worst Valentine's Day Dating Tips for Vancouver singles:
1. Be classy, keep it classic: flowers, chocolates, and a nice card or note to your loved one are time-tested Valentine's Day winners. 2. Get creative: who says Valentine's Day has to be an over-priced dinner at a fancy restaurant? Try ice skating at Robson Square, or snowshoeing on a local mountain. 3. Be cultured: take your date on a tour of the Vancouver Art Gallery or Museum of Vancouver, followed by a post gallery drink and good conversation. 4. Pick another night: avoid the emotional and physical stress of making dinner reservations on Valentine's eve. Choose another night and make it your own personal Valentine's Day! 5. Take back Valentine's Day: if you're single, don't sit alone at home feeling sorry for yourself; gather some single friends at your favourite pub or live music venue. You'll likely run into other Valentine's Day refugees and maybe even meet someone new.
1. Rush it: don't feel pressured to do something on Valentine's Day that you wouldn't otherwise do... it can be a nice night to show someone you care, but save the marriage proposal for another night. 2. Get an expensive or cheesy gift: cliche though it may be, it really is the thought that counts. Try a thoughtful, handwritten card instead of expensive jewellery or lingerie. 3. Lead someone on: if you do invite someone out on Valentine's Day, be sure to manage expectations accordingly... if you see it as a simple friend's get together, make sure your date knows that it's not necessarily the start of something more serious. 4. Ignore it completely if you're a couple: yes, Valentine's Day is a 'Hallmark Holiday' and shouldn't be a life-altering event, but if you have someone special in your life show them you care with a simple gift, thought or kind act. 5. Get depressed: if you're single, focus on the positive. The arrival of Valentine's Day means that spring, the 'Matchmaking Season', is right around the corner!
Executive Search Dating (www.ExecutiveSearchDating.com), is a professional matchmaking service founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2004 by Paddi Rice. Modeled after the Executive Search recruiting industry, Executive Search Dating matches their client base both with existing clients AND with headhunts who are selected specifically for them.
Executive Search Dating Media Centre: (http://www.executivesearchdating.com/media.html)
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks