|By Marketwire .||
|January 30, 2013 06:34 PM EST||
POMONA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Western University of Health Sciences College of Pharmacy is proud to announce that its accreditation has been extended eight years, through June 2021. Eight years is the maximum term for an accreditation cycle. WesternU's Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (www.acpe-accredit.org).
College of Pharmacy Dean Daniel Robinson, PharmD, FASHP, thanked all those who participated in the self-study and the very successful October 2012 accreditation visit.
"We are very excited and proud of our full eight-year accreditation," he said. "Preparation was an 18-month process that involved all of our faculty and staff, and many of our students. We have an amazing team that rallied behind our accreditation credo, 'Nothing less than eight.' We owe a special thanks to Drs. Sunil Prabhu and Wallace Murray for their leadership roles in orchestrating our campus efforts."
Accreditation for the College's Continuing Pharmacy Education Program also has been extended, through January 2019. Six years is the maximum term for CE accreditation. More information about the College of Pharmacy's continuing education can be found under Outreach & Events: http://www.westernu.edu/pharmacy-continuing-education.
The College of Pharmacy, founded in 1996, has 485 students enrolled in its four-year Doctor of Pharmacy program.
About Western University of Health Sciences
Western University of Health Sciences (www.westernu.edu), located in Pomona, Calif. and Lebanon, Ore., is an independent nonprofit health professions university, conferring degrees in biomedical sciences, dental medicine, health sciences, medical sciences, nursing, optometry, osteopathic medicine, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant studies, podiatric medicine and veterinary medicine. The Chronicle of Higher Education named WesternU a 2012 Great College to Work For.
Office: (909) 469-5402
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks