|By Business Wire||
|January 30, 2013 05:55 PM EST||
Reissuing the release to remove the Google Ventures boilerplate.
The corrected release reads:
JENNIFER JONES TO INTERVIEW DAVID KRANE, GENERAL PARTNER OF GOOGLE VENTURES
IBF board member and award-winning marketing expert Jennifer Jones, CEO of Jennifer Jones & Partners, to interview Krane at IBF’s Corporate Venturing and Innovation Partnering Conference, Newport Beach, Feb. 13
It’s safe to say that Google flows through David Krane’s veins as much as anyone working at the Internet giant. Having joined the senior leadership team in 2000, he helped grow Google from a small startup to a multi-billion dollar, industry-leading enterprise.
Google’s unique culture and broad goal of organizing the world’s information has spawned an equally unique and vibrant independent venture arm, where Krane is a general partner.
As Krane blogged recently, Google Ventures has been growing across all metrics: last year it boosted its annual investment level to $300 million, increased its portfolio size to 150 companies, and grew its team to 60 people.
The corporate venturing arm last year invested the biggest chunks of it money in mobile and consumer Internet technologies. But it also invested significantly in commerce, Big Data, life sciences and energy startups.
Where will Google Ventures focus its investment dollars next? Join Jennifer Jones, an IBF advisory board member and founder and CEO of Jennifer Jones & Partners, an award-winning global marketing firm for corporate venture capital and venture/private equity firms, as she sits down with Krane to discuss Google Ventures’ uniquely hands-on approach to fostering startups, its educational initiatives and its goals for 2013 and beyond. The fireside chat will take place Feb. 13 at 9:30AM at IBF’s 15th annual Corporate Venturing and Innovation Partnering Conference at the Island Hotel in Newport Beach, Calif., Feb. 11-13.
The gathering unites 300+ C-level innovation officers, technology officers, information officers, and strategy officers. Additionally, the event gathers corporate venturing investors, senior level corporate development executives, corporate M&A professionals, corporate new business development executives, venture capitalists, private equity investors, institutional investors, investment bankers, analysts, technology transfer experts, licensing executives, corporate counsel, CTOs, CIOs, CEOs and CFOs of emerging growth companies. For more information about the conference go to www.corporateventuringconference.com.
ABOUT JENNIFER JONES & PARTNERS
Jennifer Jones & Partners is an award-winning technology and healthcare global marketing firm for venture capital, corporate venture capital and private equity firms. Founded in 1989, the firm provides strategic branding and communications execution. J&P legacy and current clients include: MerckGHI, Menlo Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Dell Ventures, Mayfield Fund, GSR Ventures, Psilos, Claremont Creek Ventures and Allegis Capital. For more information: www.jenniferjones.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London